about 1 year ago
The Production Foreman position is a leadership position within a “Product” structured organization of the Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing programs. Production Foremen are members of a dedicated team of multiple disciplined foremen whose roles are to lead teams of core employees augmented with additional employees as production requirements dictate. In particular, the Production Foreman is charged with the progress of the aircraft production activities within established performance objectives and maintaining the well-being and development of their assigned employees.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Responsible for the day to day management and performance of their employees. They are expected to lead, manage and carry out duties in accordance with Company policies, procedures, rules, and directives, and apply the same expectations to all IMP employees.
* Oversee the execution of staged work by drawing upon the available resource skills, disciplines and authorizations in order to complete the work in the most efficient manner possible.
* Participate in the staging of work and the identification and resolution of constraints. Responsible for productivity reports and to initiate action to correct errors.
* Enforce the requirement of strict clocking accuracy in terms of Cost, WIP management and AMO compliance.
* In compliance with the employees development plans, Production Foremen are expected to progress their employees to becoming qualified and authorized in their designated disciplines at the annual development rates set forth by the VP Production.
* Perform personnel and general administrative duties including preparation of performance appraisals, probation and training reports, maintenance of vacation/overtime. Etc.
* Ensure their employees receive regular objective and progress updates in relation to production plans, and employee development goals.
* Achieve the “No Fail Tasks and Priorities” that are set each year by their Production Director.
* Exercise due diligence in Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) related issues and promptly escalate in accordance with OHS policies and procedures.
* Other duties as required.
* Must meet one of the following eligibility streams: a graduate of recognized aircraft maintenance or apprenticeship program, hold a current Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) license, be qualified as an Aviation or Avionics Technician with the Canadian Forces, or be a graduate of an equivalent foreign military/civilian basic trade-training program.
* Preference will be given to candidates that have completed the “Advanced Airworthiness” examination or would be capable of completing the examination within 90 days if selected for the posted position.
* Candidates must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Production Control and Work Breakdown Structures.
* Candidates would have completed at least 80% of their employee development plans and 100% of the TQR critical tasks or equivalent license experience.
* Ideally candidates will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Logical Fault finding principles and practices.
* Applicant must be able to demonstrate competency in relation to Health and Safety in the workplace.Successfully completion of Due Diligence training would be an asset.
* Applicants must be able to demonstrate knowledge of IMP Aerospace and its organization.
* Applicants must be familiar with MS Office Products and be able to demonstrate competency in the use of the information and data systems in place at IMP Aerospace, Halifax International Airport location.
* Applicant must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of customer documentation and log control basics.
* Applicants will be expected to discuss and demonstrate their ability to apply sound leadership principles and practices including:-
* Communication & Interpersonal skills
* Technical Reading and Writing – Must be capable of reading and interpreting technical documentation such as technical manuals, drawings and Technical Data Packages (TDPs), Work Orders (WOs), Request for Engineering Services (RES) instructions and associated data.
* Teamwork and Collaboration
* Time management and personal organization.
* Conflict management
* Employee development
* This position requires a working knowledge of Labour Relations and Union environments as it will involve supervising union members.
* This position is in a multi-shift environment which will require flexible hours, irregular hours, overtime and rotating shift with a requirement to work off site on Mobile Repair Party (MRP) and Work Party (WP) activities as required.
* Mature and professional appearance and behavior is required with leadership through example expected.
* Will be expected to attend, participate in and lead progress and status meetings and continuous improvement initiatives.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
* Production Foremen must be eligible to meet requirements for the following:-
* Canadian Controlled Goods Program, (CGP).
* U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations, (ITAR).
* Canadian Government Security Clearances.
* Halifax International Airport Authority “RAIC” clearance.
* Visit Clearance Request, (VCR), to Canadian Forces bases.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.