7 months ago
Provides engineering support to the business unit for all aspects of component repair related to development of minor repairs and continuous improvement programs. Ensures compliance to relevant airworthiness and contractual requirements.
* Identifies and establishes improvement programs through root cause analysis (i.e., repair instructions, proper sequencing, inspection criteria, gauges, fixtures, machines, etc.), analysis of turntimes, work in process, non-conformance tags (NCTs), material review board (MRBs), process interruptions, other line stoppages, warranty failure modes, field reliability of repairs, investigation of repair-related field problems, line build problems, and subcontractors' repair performance. Works quality department to trend the improvements.
* Develops minor/major repairs (non-standard in conjunction with original equipment manufacturer (OEM), in-house process engineers, and outside services as required) under Design Approval Organization (DAO) sanction; refines existing repair schemes to eliminate the frequent need for in-process rejects and MRBs.
* Owns, generates, maintains, and updates Reworks Process Instruction (RPIs), temporary overhaul data revisions (TODRs), matrix codes, etc. related to repair; prepares production routings and detailed repair instructions based on approved data.
* Reviews all scrap not able to be dispositioned routinely with a view to applying book repairs, logging scrap rates and costs, and accumulating stock as future-repairable.
* Provides input to management pertaining to repair/process implementation.
* In compliance with company instructions and the Design Approval Organization, executes MRB documentation and NCTs, TODRs and temporary parts list revisions (TPLRs).
* Manages technical variance with the OEM and the Customer.
* Acts as a conduit between the business unit and component remanufacturing services in resolving technical production problems.
* Implements new repairs/processes on scheduled due dates to accomplish production objectives using project management tools.
* Performs production capacity planning.
* Originates, revises & interprets technical drawings.
* Provides support and consultation services to business unit personnel and to the repair development facilities with regard to the development and implementation of new repairs and processes or repair development projects.
* Responsible for development of cost benefit analysis on all repair projects managed; provides cost and schedule estimates for proposed work packages.
* Provides support to the Program Management team on opportunities for margin enhancement related to Repair Development.?
* Supports acquisition of equipment as required to meet implementation objectives. Establishes and monitors equipment safety issues.
* Writes technical reports and proposals; develops work instructions.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out special projects as assigned.
* Good planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
* Good project management skills.
* Ability to understand, interpret, follow and apply company processes, company instructions, and quality requirements as they pertain to airworthiness and contractual requirements.
* Working knowledge of gas turbine/accessory design theory, basic machine shop practices, and basic gas turbine metallurgy; familiarity with engine manuals.
* Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments; ability to interpret drawings (including tolerancing).
* Thorough knowledge of failure modes and effects analysis.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
* Basic knowledge of production management computer systems.
* University degree in mechanical, industrial, aerospace, or metallurgical engineering; or equivalent.
* Experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
* RB211-535 large fan MRO experience preferred.
* Specific understanding of Rolls Rolls repair schemes and standard practices would be preferred.
* Must be authorized to work in the US.