Production Engineer (Nights)
Our prestigious client has a requirement for a Production Engineer on a night shift for an ongoing contract commencing Mid-April.
The successful candidate will possess a broad knowledge of production principles for aircraft as well as manufacturing processes in order to deliver technical solutions on a number of projects within different sectors of industry. As a Production Engineer, the candidate will have proven experience working with engineers within diverse projects bringing them to a successful completion.
We are looking for the following capabilities:
* To perform as a team member of the Production Engineering department and any integrated project teams
* To work with colleagues in design, production, manufacturing and supply chain, ensuring a concurrent approach delivering cost effective solutions
* To comply with the company's BMS and LCM processes
* Ideally have knowledge of aircraft structures and systems
* Support the Bid teams with the creation of concept solutions, work breakdown structures and estimates for production and manufacturing
* Contribute to PDP/PMP, providing support for the production and manufacturing approach
* Review product concept and detailed design solutions recommending production and manufacturing easements that improve cost, quality and delivery
* Generate work cards and provide the necessary documentation to allow production to manufacture and install the product in the most effective manner
* Determine the preferred Condition of Supply (CoS) for the supply of parts/components
* Review and assess new technology opportunities that reduce cost, improve quality or increase efficiency
* Development of a continuous improvement culture using Lean techniques that increase efficiency
* Control own work within budget and schedule requirements
* Ensure correct booking to costing/budget system
* Contribute to own Continuous Personal Development plans
About the Company:
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
Part of the 105 year-old Marshall Group of Companies, which has an annual turnover of £1.3 billion, we have over 80 years of aviation experience and have completed over 1500 aircraft modifications in 35 countries. Within our land systems capability, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.