about 1 month ago
Florham Park, NJ US
* Support new business development teams by identifying production approaches, providing resource planning and developing cost and schedule estimates for R&D prototyping and low-
* volume production programs and proposals
* Support the transition from design to prototyping and low-volume manufacturing
* Write detailed documentation and work instructions that describe and control the fabrication, assembly, and in-process testing of photonic modules and subsystems
* Define requirements for design and procurement of custom fixtures required for photonic subsystem assemblies
* Oversee the day-to-day efforts of a team of optical technicians and junior engineers in the production of high power photonic sources
* Resolve schedule and technical roadblocks
* Consult with optical, electrical and mechanical engineering lead engineers to resolve non-compliances and outlier data sets
* Ensure compliance with Photonics Solutions quality system and support on-site customer audits
* Optical fiber splicing and photonic system fabrication knowledge
* Proficient in the use of lightwave measurement equipment, including power detectors, optical spectrum analyzers, polarization-extinction ratio meters, polarimeters, and optical time domain reflectometers
* Proficient in the analysis and interpretation of data collected with such instruments
* Familiarity with AS9100 and/or ISO-9001 quality systems
* Proficient use of mechanical computer-aided design software (SolidWorks preferred)
* Proficient use of lab automation software (LabView preferred)
* Proficient use of 3D printers, machine shop tools, and laser cutters
* Experience with PLM and ERP tools
Minimum Education and Training:·
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related science field, and a minimum of 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
Master’s Degree preferred
Work is typically performed in an office and lab environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work requires some physical effort in the handling of materials, boxes, or equipment.
Job Location: US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.