6 months ago
STS Technical Services is Hiring Production Designers in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin!
In the Product Designer role, you’ll be critical to the improvement of our current products and the creation of our dynamic next generation product platforms. Using your knowledge and experience, you will develop 3D solid models and 2D production prints of assemblies and mechanical components that deliver best in class features, functionality, performance and durability. You will also collaborate with Engineers and other Designers to execute our New Product Development and Sustaining Engineering project requirements and timelines.
This is a DIRECT HIRE Position
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop 3D models and 2D production drawings to clearly communicate engineering, manufacturing, and quality requirements
* Production drawings to include all views, dimensions, special/critical characteristics, and notes necessary for manufacture
* Create complex surfaces, assemblies and models
* Practical experience with ANSI/ASME Y14.x drafting standards and application of GD&T to demonstrate part function, fit, and form and inspection requirements
* Participate in concept design reviews, design failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA’s) sessions, and pre-production design reviews with participants across multiple functional areas
* Understand and apply product regulatory, code, and standards requirements, design safety factors, customer requirements, and engineering specifications
* Prepare and execute Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN) in a timely manner with minimal supervision
* Other related duties and projects as required
Include education and years of experience required
* Associates degree in mechanical design or an equivalent discipline (Bachelor’s degree is a plus)
* 5+ years of related design experience and 2,000 hours or more of CAD modeling and drafting experience
* Exceptional capabilities in mechanical design, 3D solid and surface modeling, product structuring, and drafting required
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call. .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.