6 months ago
The Production Control Leader will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes. In the Production Control Leader role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the opportunity to effect short-term and some long-term business outcomes.
In addition, as the Production Control Leader, you will:
* Drive manufacturing and sourcing scheduling and strategies at the site and vendor locations
* Coordinate material input to ensure on time delivery and output schedules to maximize productivity
* Interface with quality, fulfillment team, sourcing, engineering, and logistics on a continuous basis
* Lead in the evaluation of increased production efficiency, and cycle time reduction at coating vendor
* Ensure minimization of excess / obsolete inventory and management of disposition
* Ensure the successful management of manufacturing material input and output to support sales and inventory OP PLANS
* Provide leadership (to the team) in the execution of cycle, productivity, facilities, maintenance, and EHS projects
* Facilitate meaningful and functional plans to meet customer demands for both spares and assembly customers
* Assist in the calculation of schedules for equipment, materials with respect to customer demand versus resource capabilities
* Work with vendors to control inventory levels, cycle time, and other aspects as required meeting schedules
* Work with support groups to develop and administer systems, procedures, and other support tools to assist in producing quality and cost-efficient products
* Work in cross functional team to solve business challenges and delivery
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University (Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 5 years of experience in a production planning, production control, sourcing or configuration control role)
* Minimum 3 years of experience in production planning, production control, sourcing or configuration control
* Ability to identify and implement process improvements and best practices
* Ability to coordinate multiple priorities at one time
* Ability to cope with multiple complex situations daily
* Strong negotiation skills
* Knowledge of shop operations, facilitation, production control, manufacturing or materials functions
* Familiar with production control systems and routines
* Strong analytical skills
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison’s original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
The GE Aviation plant in Madisonville, Kentucky, is a Turbine Airfoils plant that supports GE Aviation by manufacturing high pressure turbine airfoils (blades and vanes). This facility was established in 1971 by Ballast and converted to Aircraft Engines in late 1979, early 1980. The Madisonville Plant's workforce consists of 850 employees with an annual Output exceeding $335M. Madisonville is one of 10 Kentucky cities that ranked in the United States-wide listing for prime corporate expansion. Recent revitalization efforts have allowed us access to high tech Learn more about our town!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Kentucky; Madisonville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.