11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
This position is for an established Engineering Services and Support professional who works to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on work area. Supports in planning experiments and gathering technical data to support engineering disciplines. May provide technical support to engineers on a variety of tasks. Responsible for making minor changes or enhancements in systems and process to solve problems or improve effectiveness of work area.
* May provide technical support to engineers on a variety of engineering tasks.
* Supports in planning experiments and gathering technical data for engineering projects.
* Participates in the development of analysis for workflow, routing, floor layouts, materials handling, or machine utilization.
* Analyzes malfunctions for test setups and equipment, and develops recommendations for solutions.
* Participates in the development of materials test and analysis.
* May work with engineers on details and implications of test procedures and results.
* May work with engineers to design procedures for testing systems and equipment.
* Supports Technical Sales.
* Applies scientific principles to innovate, design, develop, and implement technologies, components, sub-systems, machines, tools, and systems to ensure compliance to specifications, requirements, and customer guarantees across applicable operating conditions.
* Ensures novel ideas and implementations are captured and protected using applicable IP processes and tools.
* Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of tasks.
* Plans and executes experiments and gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes to support engineering disciplines.
* Analyzes, maintains, compiles and formats data and design changes.
* Produces drawings, reports and engineering documentation.
* Performs research and engineering laboratory functions involving the layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modification or electronic or electro-mechanical devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* Established and productive professional contributor.
* Has theoretical to advanced knowledge of work area.
* Problems faced are difficult and may be complex.
* Works autonomously with limited supervision.
* Influences others within the work area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.