3 months ago
Job Title: Product Repair Manager
Job Purpose Responsible for the Quality, Cost and Delivery of aircraft products within the business unit. Accountable for delivery of the business unit performance metrics within the agreed finance plan and for driving accountability through colleague and team engagement utilising a continuous improvement approach to ensuring compliance with EASA Part 145 and EASA Part 21. Delivering a strategic and operational direction for the business whilst at all times maintaining a safe working environment.
* Ensure all responsibilities delegated from the Production Manager are complied with.
* Accountable for ensuring that all aircraft components, repaired, manufactured, modified or overhauled, meet established laid down standards, which conform to current legislation.
* Accountable for ensuring full compliance to Health and Safety standards, Engineering Policy, Statutory Airworthiness requirements, Safety Standards & Company Standing Instructions and procedures.
* Responsible for people management including performance management.
* Develop, engage and coordinate a multi-functional team who will be able to maintain delivery, cost, quality and safety requirements to the highest standard.
* Ensure that all tooling and equipment is calibrated and maintained to the standard required to meet the organisations needs.
* Ensure processes and productivity are at a level that can be positively benchmarked against competitors, delivering year on year reduction in unit costs.
* Drive a continuous improvement culture delivering high performance.
* Responsible for Auditing, Husbandry and Airmanship of production areas.
* Manage all aspects of workflow including Repair Delay in order to increase effectiveness and reduce downtime.
* Work with all support and production department in order to deliver a cohesive and pro-active approach to customer and supplier management.
* Simplify processing through full utilisation of the SAP single platform ERP system, reducing defects, backlogs and rework.
* Set and measure aggressive targets, achievable through process improvement, boundary less behaviour and a self-learning culture.
* Create and maintain a working environment that is reflective of our Mission, Vision and Values.
Essential Qualifications (academic/vocational)
* Educated to HNC level, degree or equivalent practical experience
* An appropriate management qualification e.g. MBA, DMS or ILM.
* ONC in an engineering discipline and /or an engineering apprenticeship would be desirable.
Skills (practised capability/behaviour)
* Ability to maintain a high level of understanding of the changing business needs.
* Able to lead a production area with all legal, fiscal and airworthiness accountability
* Understands business and operations and is able to develop plans that deliver to these business requirement
* Well developed analytical skills with demonstrable ability to apply them to the business environment
* Strong leadership skills, able to clearly explain and deliver business change Strong communication and presentation skills
Experience (on the job)
* Proven experience of leading in a complex, high quality industrial environment
* History of cost reduction and quality improvement
* Significant experience managing an operational delivery area
* Evidence of leading and managing change in a complex business environment
* Strong regulatory, airworthiness and safety awareness
Expertise (specialist knowledge)
* Lean/continuous improvement
* Detailed knowledge of Engineering's integrated processes and systems is desirable
* Strong knowledge of H&S legislation and its application
* Good knowledge of employee relations and employment legislation
* Proven leadership, team development, coaching and mentoring experience are desirable.
* Professional experience in an Engineering environment within the airline industry
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close
5 days ago
only 23 days until close