8 months ago
The Air Cargo Tariff (TACT) portfolio of paper and digital publications is an important and well-known pillar in the global air cargo industry. It is the only and most comprehensive source for rates and rules in the air cargo industry in use with Airlines, Forwarders, Ground Handlers and many other parties involved in the operational aspects of Air Cargo.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager for the TACT product portfolio.
Reporting to the Assistant Director TACT, the Product Manager has overall responsibility for product management of the TACT Rates and Rules products portfolio and IATA Net Rates solutions. The Product Manager will ensure end-to-end commercial, operational and financial management of TACT product portfolio, including the production and further development of the TACT paper publications and digital solutions.
* Design and manage the Product Portfolio road-map and strategy to ensure market alignment;
* Manages product financials including 3-year business plan, budgeting, setting targets and forecasting; Provide support for invoicing and collection;
* Drive sales growth and manage commercial performance and product pricing through effective marketing and sales in close cooperation with Marketing and Sales department;
* Drive the development and market introduction of innovative new solutions including the development of business cases, facilitating access to TACT Rates and Rules content
* Implementation of new content with relevance and added value for the global air cargo industry in close collaboration with the internal Subject Matter Experts;
* Organize and conduct customer sales calls in close collaboration with the sales team;
* Organize and facilitate product workshops with the aim to gather user requirements for the development and implementation of product enhancements;
* Work in close cooperation with the TACT production team to ensure data and rules management, product creation and distribution matches product and customer requirements;
* Work in close cooperation with the Program Manager to facilitate the launch of new products and ongoing operations;
* Liaise with the Data sourcing Team Lead to ensure correct and complete content input from internal SME’s and relevant external sources;
* Provide support to the Customer Service team ensuring 2nd and 3rd level customer support from SMEs; Maintain and adjust SOP’s based on 2nd and 3rd level incident resolutions;
Qualifications and Skills
* University degree in business, engineering or other relevant discipline, preferably with a postgraduate degree or MBA;
* A minimum of 5 years international working experience with relevant expertise in air freight processes and pricing and working knowledge of TACT;
* Good understanding of the air freight industry and its key players;
* Proven skills in product management of (digital) products/publications with commercial acumen;
* Strong sales skills with capability to close contract deals
* Strong interpersonal and management skills and the ability to effectively balance product development and operational delivery;
* Flair for IT solutions and ability to define requirements that easily translate to IT requirements;
* Proven public speaking and presentation skills and ability to think creatively and challenge the status quo to drive for continuous innovation and product improvement;
* Proactive self-starter who is comfortable operating under pressure, driving multiple projects simultaneously, and delivering to tight deadlines;
* Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of other languages would be an asset;
* Be people and team oriented, focused on results, embrace innovation and change, and demonstrate leadership and personal integrity;
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
* Act with integrity and uphold our standards
* Think strategically in support of the global big picture
* Partner and manage to create high performing teams
* Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.