5 months ago
AMETEK, Inc. is a $4.7B global diversified manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. AMETEK is well positioned in highly competitive market segments, each with compelling growth characteristics. We expect continued business growth through the execution of our four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, New Products, and Global & Market Expansion. Supporting those strategies are 17,000 associates employed across 30 countries.
At AMETEK, we are committed to a corporate culture that values diversity and fosters a work environment that enables colleagues to develop meaningful and rewarding careers. We consider ourselves responsible corporate citizens and are committed to operating our facilities in an environmentally responsible manner. We also are sensitive to the needs of our communities, and, as a company, support programs that help those communities meet their health, education and social needs. AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500.
The AMETEK Specialty Metal Products (SMP) Division is a global leader in the development and production of an array of superior metal products. With more than 60+ years of business and technology expertise, the AMETEK Reading Alloys Plant manufactures world class aerospace grade master alloys, medical grade metal powders and similar advanced engineered metals.
About the Position
We are currently seeking a Product Manager, Powders reporting to the VP of Sales & Marketing, Powders to focus on the continued support of customers and search for new opportunities. Emphasis will be on the Aerospace market with development into adjacent market sectors.
• Maximize value of existing products collaboratively with manufacturing and sales teams by identifying opportunities and bringing the ingredients of the winning recipe together.
• Identify opportunities to modify products that add customer value to increase sales and margin.
• Strategic Leadership in the definition, implementation and delivery of Marketing Plans. Active contribution to the future manufacturing footprint.
• Achieve profitability, sales growth, price management, and inventory control as a critical member of the Aerospace team.
• Identify growth opportunities through market analysis, research and design engineering to successfully develop new products and customer offering.
• Manage the product and customer interface, including pricing levels, product availability, and quality to ensure consistent delivery of high levels of customer service from quote to cash.
• Manage product strategies throughout the product life cycle, including product launch and life cycle declines.
• Visit key customers in conjunction with the sales team to provide in-depth product knowledge.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or other related area.
• 5 years experience in sales or other customer-facing roles, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in the aerospace or medical industries preferred; other relevant industries include automotive and general production/manufacturing
• Combination of technical aptitude and consultative capabilities with a commercial focus, including technical marketing and application engineering
• Experience and ecosystem in the metal industry, preferably powders
• Good project and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer relationship skills.
• Proven track record of setting aggressive targets and meeting business goals through team interaction and involvement
• Understanding cost and profit drivers
• Proficient computer skills /CRM experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead direct and multifunctional matrix teams
• Able to work independently with little direction or supervision
• Ability to demonstrate critical values; vision, driving change, communication, integrity, and commitment to team success.
Preferred Skill requirements
• Product management experience/skillset a plus
• Strategic relationship-building skills that focus on the customer's critical agenda issues.
• Established relationships with decision makers in aerospace markets
• Professional acumen that can be built upon for broader leadership roles
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.