3 months ago
The product manager is responsible for setting a product vision and strategy, ensuring the product serves the customer and is responsible for the overall success of the entire product experience. The Product Manager will own the strategy behind the product and its roadmap and promotes the product, its business value and success to the executive, customers and internal organization members. They are responsible to ensure the product team understands the intent behind a new product or product release and delivers value to meet business objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Understand the market trends, competitor forces, and regional and global industry regulations
* Team with sales, operations, product development and other internal organization members, to know more about the voice of the customer.
* Perform gap analysis on the technical, operational, and environment considerations for new product development and differentiating/expanding products.
* Create and maintain the product vision, strategy and roadmap.
* Passionately represent and create buy-in to the product vision, strategy, roadmap and value with executive, stakeholders, business unit management and development teams.
* Team with Account Manager, IT Architect and Business Systems Analyst (as needed) to define product concepts
* Assists in the translation of epics and features into definition and documentation of requirements
* Support product owner and development teams with problem resolution and business case examples to refine requirements.
* Own the evaluation of product effectiveness, product experience, product quality in meeting company goals and translate results into action
* Understand the broader implications of implementation decisions and new feature requests
* Support developers and designers through the agile development process
* Participate in the creation of deployment and training programs
Experience, Education and Skills
* MS/BS degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent preferred
* 3 to 5 years’ experience in defining and managing customer facing products or business applications, either through product management or equivalent activities
* Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
* Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
* Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
* Ability to facilitate discussions and debate, mediate conflict, and nurture collaboration; Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
* Strong facilitation, critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Exceptional Communications Skills – Dynamic personality, good grammar, verbal and written skills.
* Strong presentation skills over the phone, online or in person.
* Experience in regulated industry preferred.
Specific Position Requirements
* Knowledge of FlightSafety Operations platform a plus
* Knowledge of document and content management systems (such as Documentum and SharePoint) is an asset.
* Knowledge of Agile development processes preferred
* Experience analyzing and defining requirements for mobile applications are an asset.
* Strong motivation, self-confidence, and sense of ownership
* Able to work in a very fast paced, dynamic environment
* Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
* Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
* Act in a collaborative, cross functional team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
* Plan and prioritize activities based on critical need and communicate issues clearly
* Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
Travel when required
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth