8 months ago
Accountable to develop, implement and continually improve our quotation process through a comprehensive pricing strategy to promote the ECP – Components & Wire Business Unit or ‘Coining’ in the area of high precision solder and braze preforms, micro-stampings, bonding wire & ribbon and cover assemblies. These products are made from precious and other metal alloys, to a range of High Performance Electronics markets, RF/Microwave, Medical, Automotive, Optical Networking, and other markets. The Product Manager will provide timely responses to Requests for Quotations from our customers by analyzing costs versus margin opportunities in order to maximize profit and market share.
1. Work directly with Manufacturing, Finance, and the Global Sales team to determine price strategies for new products as well as existing products to meet and exceed the P/L targets.
2. Assists in the development and setting of strategic business direction for the new products to further penetrate existing and new markets.
3. Manage product pricing and profitability analysis for sustained growth, including both gross margin and contribution margin analysis.
4. Prepare Customer RFQ responses.
5. Monitor win-loss of RFQ by account, region and market, as well as by product line, then consolidate, propose and implement actions to improve our success rate.
6. Translates market opportunities (VOC) and facilitates innovation brainstorming efforts & initiatives to ensure we maintain a healthy new product pipeline.
7. Assists in consolidating regional and global strategic marketing/product roadmaps.
8. Ensures appropriate follow up on customer-specific innovation/new product development projects with engineering, manufacturing and the global sales team.
9. Prepare and deliver sales and price proposals. Grow into becoming the expert of our company products and services. Be the internal liaison between global sales team and the plant(s).
10. Constantly collect and analyze data and market intelligence from all relevant sources to remain current on market conditions for the Coining product lines. Identify/recognize market trends and new product opportunities. Keep company management informed of new/changed opportunities and the competitive environment.
11. Maintain a self-improvement program through conferences, seminars, courses and readings to continue to develop expertise in company products, Sales & Marketing in general.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum a Bachelor Degree, preferably in Materials or Mechanical Engineering with working experience in margin calculations and price setting / price strategy in close cooperation with the sales and marketing team. A past product management experience with a particular emphasis in high tech electronic material industry or metals is an advantage.
A track record of pricing responsibilities is highly preferred by aggressively pursuing and converting business opportunities into tangible market growth through marketing and pricing strategies, as well as by assisting in the development of product roadmaps to aggressively grow the business. The Product Manager will work closely with the global sales and marketing team, inside sales team, engineering. finance and manufacturing to drive the pricing and product strategies in line with market opportunities and P/L expectations.
Proven sales and marketing skills, communications as well as highly developed analytical and computer skills by the use of PC office applications such as Excel, CRM systems (Salesforce) and ERP systems. Self-motivation, pro-activeness, time management skills, superior work habits and business acumen. The proven ability to work productively with individuals at all levels inside and outside the organization. +/- 10% travel required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.