8 months ago
PCC Airfoils, LLC, headquartered in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, is a world leader in the fast-paced, high-tech industry of investment casting. Each of the sixteen (16) Airfoils’ locations play an integral part in the manufacture of blades, vanes and components for use in gas turbine engines. PCC’s parts are found on virtually all commercial & military aircraft, as well as, industrial gas turbine applications in the free world. Our product plays a significant role in the evolution of the light-weight, fuel-efficient engines of the next generation.
The Airfoils Division is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp. and was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in February 2016. The company currently has an overall sales volume of over $10 Billion, employing in excess of 30,000 individuals throughout 150 locations in the U.S. and worldwide. PCC is seeking individuals with high personal and professional standards who will thrive in a fast-paced, goal oriented work environment.
The SMP Operations segment of PCC Airfoils consists of two manufacturing locations - Wickliffe and Eastlake, Ohio. SMP manufactures investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in aerospace and industrial gas turbine engines. Products and systems manufactured in these operations must meet extremely close tolerance limits and adhere to customer specifications. The operations are expanding due to sales volume increase and this provides unique opportunities for career growth and development:
PRINCIPAL AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The position is responsible for Product Engineering activities to support new product introduction, continuous improvement, and manufacturing. Strong statistical background a must within six sigma environment or equivalent training a plus. Must have adequate statistical and computer skills to analyze new product capabilities and implement necessary corrective actions. A background of ceramic cores, airfoil/datum systems and airfoil tooling will be an advantage.
* Maintain a high level of quality for product design.
* Manage activities to stay on schedule for product release, while maintaining budgeted development and part costs.
* Participate in continuous improvement activities at a high level Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
* Other duties as assigned
* Develop milestones on development product and communicate strategic information to our customers.
* Conduct dimensional probability studies.
* Initiates, completes, and submit process qualifications Develop and implement part number procedures for core inspection, pattern components, injection, core preparation, component quality, etc.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers, supervisors, and peers.
* Conceptual design and coordination of detailed design with selected tool shops for all required tooling on assigned parts.
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical , Aerospace, or Materials Engineering, preferably with at least two years experience in Airfoil Investment Casting
* Able to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality/quantity. Able to work flexible hours with a history of dependability as demonstrated with strong attendance record.
* Comfortable using a team approach to problem solving.
* Have strong sense of urgency.
* Individual must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
* Able to work independently and without direct supervision.
* Accountable for agreed upon deadlines in a constantly changing work environment.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder (Permanent