over 2 years ago
Supervise all procurement operations in order to meet program objectives. Perform all required activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies. Confer with vendors or suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedules. Purchasing manager shall be versed in determining the method of procurements, prepare purchase orders or bid request, review bid proposals and negotiate orders within budget. Provides daily supervision and direction to staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare Spare Parts purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
• Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for forecast needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
• Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
• Perform buying duties when necessary.
• Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
• Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) or Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) from four-year College or university.
• CPCM Certification Desired.
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years of procurement experience, five (5) of which were in a direct supervisory role; additional five (5) years related experience is required in lieu of a degree.
• Knowledge of federal acquisition processes and regulations.
• Must pass and possess a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification prior to hire.
• Effective communications skills in English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met be an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the facility. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment. In addition, this position requires the use of a computer, intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
: INL LOGISTICS
: United States-Florida-Palm Bay
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran