8 months ago
L3 Vertex Aerospace is currently seeking a highly qualified Procurement Specialist II to join our Supply Chain Department in Madison, Mississippi. The successful candidate will have a signature authority up to $50,000, and will be responsible for developing proposals for long term agreements, creating the Blanket Order Agreements (BOAs), new Scope of Work (SOW) sourcing, 9tab folder development/compliance, and negotiating piece part and component costs with supplier agreements, delivery, and terms and conditions. This position will create purchasing plans including ‘preferred suppliers’ for all components and finished goods to be presented to management and program office, build and optimize the supplier base to suit needs and align with in-house capabilities, and act as a work leader and thought leader to train new employees.
• Sources, negotiates and purchases machinery, equipment, tools, packaging materials, parts, services, and/or supplies necessary for operation.
• Acts as liaison to the program team and product lines.
• Identifies problems and initiates corrective action to mitigate program and commercial risk, including vendor missed commitment dates.
• Selects and recommends suppliers with whom orders are to be placed; analyzes quotes received from suppliers; and arranges with suppliers the delivery of shipments.
• Writes invitation of bids and requests for proposals and distributes the forms to supplier firms or for public postings
• Provides leadership and facilitation responsibilities for planning, execution and communication to support all purchases in accordance with procurement policies and procedures and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
• Responsible for analyzing market trends and practices, and interviews prospective suppliers to support C-12, T-1 and T-6 and any other new businesses for flight programs.
• Creates purchasing plans for long-term subcontracts.
• Collaborates with suppliers to obtain certifications based on subcontract value.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and two (2) years of directly related government, industrial or aerospace purchasing or subcontracting experience, OR Associate Degree with six (6) years of directly related government, industrial or aerospace purchasing or subcontracting experience, OR Completion of High School or equivalent and ten (10) years directly related government, industrial or aerospace purchasing or subcontracting experience.
The successful candidate must have experience with preparing RFQ’s/RFP’s, review and negotiate terms and conditions, make best value source selection decisions to determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet schedule requirements. Experience must include bid solicitation and supplier selection based upon best value analysis with a Federal Contractor.
• Proficiency with FAR requirements and U.S. Government subcontracting
• Proficiency with SAP accounting software to report and place purchase orders and plans
• Experience in establishing strategic relationships with key suppliers who provide materials and services to the US Navy, Air Force, or government customers and are aligned to the Company’s needs
• Forecasting and planning experience related to US Navy, Air Force, B-200 program requirements
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide Rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, Expeditionary maintenance -- Quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply.
We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance.
Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: May 28, 2018, 6:28:04 PM