We have an exciting new vacancy for a procurement manager to join an innovative client based in, Dorset. A key element of this role is to develop and manage strategic relationships with key subcontractors to ensure subcontractor performance and longer term commitment. The Subcontracts Manager needs to engage effectively with CAvS' key stakeholders to identify potential opportunities to compete work in CAvS' supply chain; preparing procurement plans and managing procurement activities; drafting and preparing RFIs, RFPs, RFQs and RFTs and subcontracts; identifying and implementing performance measurement and managing disputes.
As an Assistant commercial manager your main responsibilities will include;
- Managing strategic suppliers and strategic relationships
- Identify and manage risks associated with key and major subcontracts
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders across CAvS UK and key suppliers
- Preparing tender packs, evaluating tender proposals, negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Negotiating proposals, contract modifications and agreements as required
- Assessing the Make vs Buy and provide pay back justifications
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with suppliers whilst applying sound commercial judgement and ensuring compliance with Cobham's policies; insurance requirements; confidentiality requirements; and 'flow down' requirements from customer contracts
- Supporting CAvS bid teams to source, manage and secure sub-contracts that meet customer needs and differentiates CAvS from its competitors
- Drive improved profitability and bid cost reduction through re-use, best practice processes and knowledge sharing.
- Manage and control all subcontract documentation, data, files and reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Supporting internal Phase Reviews/Approvals ensuring that all required approvals are obtained prior to executing a subcontract
- Ensuring integrity of commercial in confidence, security classified and export controlled information
Ideally you will have the below;
- Experience in strategic supplier relationship management and developing procurement plans.
- Graduate level
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce, law, strategic procurement or a related discipline
- Experience in supporting a Bid Team to negotiate and secure sub-contracts on complex support service programmes
- An advanced knowledge of procurement and contract management principles An advanced understanding of key contractual principles (e.g. contract formation, indemnities, consequential loss)
- Expertise in various contract types (Cost-type, Firm / Fixed Price, Fixed Price Incentive Fee, Fixed Price Level of Effort, Time and Material)
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now for more details by sending your CV via the link provided and we will be in touch for a confidential discussion.