5 months ago
Aerospace Dynamics International, Inc. (ADI) manufactures machined parts and assemblies for the commercial and military aerospace industries. It offers structural components, caps, panels, bulkheads, fittings, longerons, spars, chords, wing ribs, thrust reversers, structural machine parts, manufacturing tooling and stretch form blocks.
ADI was acquired by PCC in April 2014. The company has received significant capital investments since the acquisition and has a highly positive growth trajectory ahead. Comprising seven facilities on its campus in Valencia, CA, ADI has over 425 full-time employees on staff.
The Process Engineer is a member of the Quality Engineering team. The successful candidate will lead root cause analysis, evaluate non-conforming material, and determine product disposition. The Process Engineer coordinates dispositions cross-functionally with other Departments and/or the Customer as needed. The Process Engineer interprets and applies customer specifications and requirements and communicates with Customer Quality personnel to enhance processes. The incumbent will present Quality Improvement Plans (QIP’s). Additionally, the Process Engineer performs all functions of a Quality Engineer.
· Document, investigate, submit and follow-up on customer non-conformances (RMA / Complaints) .
· Lead Root Cause Analysis
· Initiate, maintain and manage Internal Corrective Action Reports (ICAR). Also, ensures verification of actions to prevent repeat occurrences.
· Analyze discrete defect codes and occurrences to determine complex corrective & preventive actions and plans to remedy.
· Submit non-conforming product to the customer as needed.
· Interpret engineering drawings, specifications, planning, work instructions and to work with management and manufacturing/tooling engineering staff in order to determine quality standards and quality assurance documentation requirements.
· Coordinate discrepant product dispositions / complaints with Customer engineering along with Customer Quality personnel. Must be capable of building, maintaining overall customer relations through integrity, trust, knowledge and skills.
· Evaluate discrepant product and specifications necessary to render; technical dispositions, and document Rework steps
· Provide recommendations & changes to existing and new planning in order to streamline utilizing best practices and concepts.
· Conduct internal and supplier Quality System audits independently or in cooperation with ADI’s Quality Management System Administration.
· Create, review & manage / maintain Quality metrics, charts and/or graphs. In addition, must be capable of analyzing data to develop top level improvement plans.
· Review, evaluate and develop process enhancements for a wide variety of processes both product and process related.
* Shall be competent with the use and development of optimized process flow diagrams utilizing Visio or suitable software.
· Process Engineers must understand Aerospace customer drawings, models, specifications and purchase order requirements.
· Process Engineers will be expected to understand the intent and application of the AS9100 Aerospace Standard.
· Process Engineers are required to possess or obtain Six Sigma certifications: Green Belt & Black Belt.
· Process Engineers are expected to be competent in Internet, Material Resource Planning software and Microsoft computer software applications.
· Process Engineers are expected to be able to multi-task and to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment characterized by a continual and overriding sense of urgency.
· Have the ability to build, maintain relationships and work as a team player
Education and Experience:
• BS degree in Engineering, Hard Sciences, or a related discipline
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience, preferably in an aerospace and/or heavy manufacturing environment
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.