4 months ago
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Orangeburg, New York
Title: Process Engineer
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Process Engineer opening to join our Engineering organization.
Day to Day:
Tto perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
* Achieve high level of proficient with a multitude of high technology process such as: Thermal Spray methods, EB PVD coating, cBN blade tipping, Platinum plating, and Aluminide coating processes, various diffusion coatings.
* Coordinate with product engineering for development and cross qualification approvals.
* Stay abreast of new developments and available technology in the field of coatings.
* Continuously review equipment and processing.
* Evaluate current methods used and the feasibility of modifying, replacing or modernizing equipment to reduce costs and improve quality.
What you will do:
What you need to succeed:
* Must have strong leadership skills and ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of management
* Bachelor's Degree required in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science.
* 1 to 3 years of experience in engineering a plus.
* Knowledge of high technology processes such as Plasma Spray, Low Pressure Plasma, noble metal electro plating, Electron Beam PVD, machining methods and material joining would be a plus.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
* Candidate must be a self-starter able to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and successful in working in a team environment.
* Project management and team leadership to successfully complete complex projects within demanding customer requirements.
* Knowledge of aerospace industry a plus
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.