10 months ago
Prj Mgt & Plng Opns Rep
Whiteley - Hampshire
Specific Job Description [JP]
The successful applicatant will be running projects delivering to a range of customers. The projects shall be complex and are usually highly technical. Activities will normally be done in partnership with LMUK Business Units.
The successful applicant will own project performance into the customer and will be the key liaison between the Programme, IT, Planning and Financial teams. They will be expected to be able to manage programme activities in line with best practices and possess PRINCE2/APMP/ITIL or equivalent qualifications with periods of related practitioner experience.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
* Project leadership.
* Day to day project delivery against requirements and meeting the high standards set by our customers.
* Managing delivery activities across the engineering lifecycle (cradle to grave) spanning concept definition and requirements engineering through development and ultimately test, trials and release, and subsequent support activity.
* Developing and negotiating solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation, ensuring solutions are consistent with both customer and Lockheed Martin objectives and confiorm to regulated design and management criteria.
* The provision of agreed metrics and objective performance criteria in monitoring project performance.
* Customer and stakeholder management.
* Contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques, business and standards to enhance the business.
* Working without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to resolving challenges.
Providing advice to senior management on major matters pertaining to delivery, risks, issues, opportunities, and aspects of policies, plans, and business objectives.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Business Environment [JP]
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) consists of LMUK IT Services, Payroll, ESH, HR and Finance functions. With employees located throughout the UK, EBS provides UK wide support to the LMUK business areas.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
· Proven Track Record in Programme Delivery.
· Prince 2 qualified (or equivalent) with experience of operating in Prince 2 Management environments, with APMP considered a bonus.
· Strong track record in the planning and delivery of challenging projects against tight timelines.
· Extensive experience working in a collaborative environments and a track record in strong internal relationships.
· Ability to develop customer intimacy quickly at all levels.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Solid understanding of engineering and financial processes.
· Subcontract Management experience.
· The ability to adapt behaviours and communication style which is reflective of different stakeholders and audiences.
· Pro-active with strong self motivation.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
ITIL qualified and experienced.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.