Principal Support Engineer
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Principal Support Engineer based in Stevenage.
Following a recent expansion, our global defence client is currently looking to expand their Team in Hertfordshire with an experienced Principal Support Engineer to join the customer support and services organisation responsible for the multi-national delivery of in-service support.
As a Principal Support Engineer, you will be:
* Close support to the Product Support Manager in the co-ordination and delivery of ISS activities, including the UK's Surveillance & Life Extension programme, Post-Design Services, Service Evaluation Trials Support, and Repair Services.
* In co-ordination with the Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) organisation, the provision of technical liaison with the Missile Supply Chain, requiring periodic UK & European travel, to ensure its timely and effective engagement in the delivery of ISS activities.
* Support to the development of future product strategy, including an integrated approach to Fleet & Life Management, the establishment of Follow-On ISS arrangements, and planning for Mid-Life Re-Life.
* Technical liaison with the Missile Design Authority team to support the development of the CSS Support Authority capability.
What's in it for you?
Opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging multinational business environment on one of Europe's most important co-operative programmes.
* Exposure to a wide range of multinational internal and external stakeholders and the opportunity to develop an appreciation of the wider through-life dynamics of product support.
* Opportunity to play an important role in the delivery of Post-Design Services to the customer and in the management of the UK's Surveillance & Life Extension programme with a view also to the wider development of an integrated Missile Fleet & Life Management strategy.
* Opportunity to build a personal reputation for effective project delivery and a strong foundation for further career development in Engineering and Product Support Management.
What are we looking for?
* A self-motivated, team player who has a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner when working in an often complex and dynamic business environment.
* An engineering background with a technical degree or previous related experience in the product support environment.
A concern for Customer Satisfaction and an appreciation of the wider business environment.
* An ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and priorities; and to respond quickly to technical issues, ensuring appropriate measures are taken to resolve them.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to build positive and trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders in a multinational environment.
* Well-developed verbal and written reporting skills and competency in standard Microsoft tools (Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
* Willing to travel in Europe and within the UK.
* European language skills would be beneficial but are not essential.
* You will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and
commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.