To support the chief estimator within the Work Analysis team conducting analytical review of deviations and provide cost estimating to support Aircraft Operations.
Generate and maintain cost modelling tools required by Works Analysis and Manufacturing Engineering.
To maintain the Standard Time parameters for Aircraft Operations, liaising across operations to provide a common approach.
To qualify scheduled assigned labour costs through technical support, guidance, standardisation of work measurement methodology and sample monitoring.
Working in partnership with major stakeholders, both internal and external to the business, you will use your knowledge to create policies, processes, tools and methods that eliminate waste and encourage best practice.
Provide a professional approach to Continuous Improvement activities within Aircraft Operations.
Develop, plan, implement and lead strategies and actions that deliver operational excellence to Aircraft Operations.
Provide a proficient level of technical knowledge to Aircraft Operations using a range of methods, tools and techniques to deliver high quality products and services.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES % of Time
* To support the Work Analyst Manager in harmonising a common Work Analysis methodology, ensuring cross site/plant consistency.
* To support the Works Analysis team in producing, analysing and interpreting weekly/monthly trend performance data to provide accurate Standard Times.
* Support the Aircraft Operations team in the generation of estimates for bid requests, capacity planning modelling & cost reduction.
* Work with all of the Aircraft Operations team and with other teams around the business to develop and continuously improve the work analysis reporting processes in order to meet the needs of the business.
* Ensure that all processes are accurately documented in the team's departmental instructions.
* To accurately analyse operational data and associated tasks and provide clear and concise reports.
* Aid the determination of accountability of variance from assigned labour costs through review meetings with associated stake holders.
* Using Works Analysis & Cost Modelling tools evaluate assigned times and propose alterations.
* Lead, support and or facilitate multi-functional teams to identify, prioritise, implement and evaluate continuous improvement projects.
* Carry out detailed observational Analysis of Manufacturing and Production Operations.
Analysis to be carried out on all trades of Production and Manufacturing.
* Using company standard tools and observational analysis to provide should cost labour estimates for Manufacturing and Production operations.
* Lease with Manufacturing and Production leadership on the outcome of operation analysis
* Identify sustainable improvement opportunities.
* Assist the Works Analysis Manager and participate in benchmarking activities that ensure the company performs in accordance with industry best practice.
* Support the implementation of new technology and supporting processes ensuring suitable measures and checks to ensure process discipline.
* Work closely with the production teams and management to influence change and develop a more productive and efficient culture.
* Implement visual management and communication techniques.
* Promote lean philosophies within multi-functional project improvement teams, management teams, supervisors and other staff.
* You will undertake any other reasonable tasks that the Works Analysis Manager may require of you so long as you have the appropriate skills, knowledge and support to be able to undertake the task.
* You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment.
* Specific responsibilities for Employees are detailed within HSP 1015 - Workers Responsibilities.