3 months ago
Principal Systems Engineer UAV
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Honeywell is transforming from a traditional industrial company to a contemporary digital industrial business, harnessing the power of the cloud, big data/analytics, Internet of Things, and design thinking. There is no greater time for the progressive, forward-thinking, technology professional to join our organization. As we evolve our brand and business, you will play an integral role in advancing our product offerings, market presence and culture.
In order to drive new revenue growth, Honeywell Aerospace is launching a new business unit that will focus on developing a significant and sustainable position in the fast growing commercial UAV industry. This new business unit will leverage the broad set of capabilities within Honeywell, as well as develop new capabilities that are required to meet the needs of this adjacent market.
Showcase your innovative engineering and technology know-how in a start-up environment.
Craft our breakthrough products to establish Honeywell’s leadership in yet another important future industry segment.
Play an integral role in advancing our UAV product offerings, market presence and culture
Hardware Selection & Implementation
Develop System Test Strategies
Define & Analyze Sensor Needs
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor’s degree
* Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or aerospace engineering
* Experience with low cost GNSS, IMUs, GPS, sensors, and cameras
* Experience with low cost hardware development
* Experience with alternative navigation techniques
* Experience with advanced image and video analytics development
* Experience transitioning products from development to manufacturing
* Experience with establishing and achieving product cost targets
* Experience in developing real-time systems
* Experience developing or applying sensors
* Working knowledge of position, navigation, and controls
* Experience with C/C++, Python, Robot Operating System (ROS), Linux (Ubuntu)
* Experience with Matlab/Simulink and integration of code generated from such tools with other systems (e.g. within ROS)
* Experience in requirements documentation, evaluation and trade-off analysis methods
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
* Continued Professional Development
* 1st Shift
* ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD52257
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 1985 Douglas Drive North, Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.