6 months ago
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
The Dream Chaser Avionics, Software and Communications (AS&C) Hardware and Software Integration (HSI) group is responsible for integrating all AS&C hardware with the vehicle flight software. The HSI group works closely with the AS&C Hardware Design group, AS&C Software Design group and all other functional areas to integrate the hardware and software together in a lab environment. Testing is performed on Engineering Development Unit (EDUs), Flight Equivalent Units (FEUs) hardware and/or representative units.
The HSI group also works closely with the AS&C Hardware and Software Design groups, Test Operations, Mission Simulation (DCMS), NASA and other functional groups as needed to lead the development and execution effort for AS&C owned ISS Joint Test activities/events.
In addition, the HSI team works closely with the Test Operations group to support integrated test activities/events occurring after flight hardware is delivered to the program and other test activities/events that the Test Operations group is identified as the responsible test lead/organization.
The HSI group also works closely with the Mission Simulation (DCMS) group to coordinate on the models required and utilization of the Dream Chaser Mission Simulator (DCMS) Hardware-In-The-Loop (HITL) platforms with AS&C hardware assets to support a range of test activities including NASA ISS joint test activities/events, and enable checkout, development, risk reduction, verification, and anomaly resolution activities throughout the CRS2 program from development through mission execution.
The AS&C HSI team of systems engineers report directly to the AS&C HSI Lead. The AS&C HSI team of systems engineers are responsible for the upfront planning activities, development of the core set of test documentation (work orders, test flows, test plans, test harness engineering, procedures, scripts and reports etc.), supporting test reviews, executing various test activities, supporting anomaly resolution, test data analysis and generation of test reports in conjunction with the other AS&C groups in order to successfully integrate all AS&C hardware and software in the Vehicle Avionics Integration Lab (VAIL).
The AS&C HSI team are systems engineers and so also support programs from the early phases of program capture through integration and test and so they may support business development in defining systems architectures for business opportunities during the program capture phase and support the engineering team on refining the system architecture during the proposal effort. The Systems Engineers are also responsible for decomposition of requirements, generation and allocation of specifications, control documents, requirements, test criteria, plans and reports in support of the development. The systems engineers should also have intimate knowledge of the product technology and a good working knowledge of the associated engineering disciplines. The Systems Engineers are also responsible for supporting the development of test documentation and supporting test activities in conjunction with the other functional areas to successfully integrate all Dream Chaser hardware and software.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Lead the technical efforts of the Hardware and Software Integration group to accomplish the mission outlined above
* Manage a team of up to six engineers including: time card management, performance appraisals, tracking of required training and ensuring team completes tasks on time
* Work closely with our customer to define and plan integrated tests between the two entities
* Work closely with the Cognizant Engineers and Manufacturing in developing Risk Reduction integration testing
* Originate specifications, control documents, requirements, test criteria, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
* Attend and participate in meetings as needed to contribute to and understand test needs and requirements of the Dream Chaser program
* Develop/Define test planning documentation
* Read and interpret technical documentation/engineering and translate into test documentation
* Develop/Define test requirements, test methodologies and test criteria
* Plan test equipment
* Development and execution of test documentation (e.g. work orders, test flows, test plans, test configuration items, test harness engineering, test procedures, test scripts and test reports etc.)
* Support anomaly resolution; development and review of test procedures and data analysis
* Lead or support peer reviews, test reviews (e.g. hardware readiness, pre-test readiness and post-test reviews etc.) and test configuration audits etc.
* Act in various roles to support integration and test activities (Test Lead, Test Conductor etc.)
* Attend/Support off-site integration and test activities as needed
* Mature and maintain knowledge of test methods, test equipment, and test setups
* Consistently follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure integration & test integrity is upheld
* Prepare material for, and conduct periodic design reviews
* Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
* Ensure that all specifications, designs and developments adhere to SNC standards and customer requirements
* Provide support in the development and maintaining of configuration baselines for systems and sub-systems
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, etc.
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS/BA in Engineering, Physics, Electrical or related field
* 10+years of related experience
* Excellent communication skills required
* Excellent written skills required
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
* Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
* Experience with testing, verification and validation
* Prior spacecraft and space hardware testing experience
* Experience with requirements management and verification
* Able to correctly read and understand electronic drawings/schematics and other technical engineering or documentation (e.g. Specs, ICDs, Users Guides etc.)
* Ability to prepare complex test procedures/scripts including test requirements and test criteria
* Previous experience and skills in executing test procedures/scripts/supporting test activities, analyzing data and anomaly resolution
* Knowledgeable in the use of various electronic systems analysis and test equipment.
* Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
* Strong propensity for System-level thinking. An ability to understand wide-reaching impacts of decisions across the system.
* Ability to decompose large complicated problems into manageable pieces, understand problems from different points of view, and explain issues/solutions to other engineers and management.
* Good interpersonal relationship skills and able to work with a wide variety of technical engineers and employees
* Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.