To work as a System Engineer or Technology Researcher/Developer for Surface Attack Weapon Systems, Products and Components.
* Delivery of engineering work packages to the Head of Subsystem or Group Leader in accordance with company processes and project technical plans and schedule.
* Delivery of requirements and their baselines.
* Management of issues and queries.
* Delivery of system designs and architectures.
* Development of Enterprise architectures to describe wider system-of-system concepts.
* Delivery of design assurance strategies and plans.
* Development of mission planning and control technologies.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Sound understanding of systems engineering process and use of systems methods and tools, including requirements management, system architecture development, system proving, technical studies, etc.
* Experience in undertaking Studies to understand operational concepts, analyse system integration issues, develop system algorithms, analyse system performance, identify design options, consider design solutions, etc.
* Experience in system or sub-system design, with particular emphasis on functional architectures.
* A systemic thinker with the ability to solve problems in a structured manner, identifying key abstractions in their solution.
* Excellent reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
* An ability to adapt to changing priorities, programme needs and tasks.
* Openness to an understanding and use of industry best practice in the establishment of Product Lines.
* Relevant Engineering or Science based Degree (or equivalent).
* Experience in working on defence or aerospace systems or similar complex engineering projects (for instance, in telecoms, rail, automotive sectors).
* Requires 4+ years of experience post-graduate schemes.
* Knowledge of weapon systems is desirable.