about 1 month ago
Principal Staff and Architect Engineer / Subject Matter Expert
Rome, NY US
CACI is seeking a Principal Staff and Architect Engineer (Subject Matter Expert).
What You’ll Get to Do:
* This effort is to lead and manage operations and maintenance (O&M), research and development (R&D), and procurement of data and information processing capabilities.
* The focus will be to improve battlespace awareness and data for decision making at all echelons across Combat Air Force (AF) Command and Control (C2) and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) enterprise, Intelligence Community (IC), Joint, and Coalition air, space, cyberspace, and intelligence components, systems, and architectures.
* The primary purpose is to conduct Intelligence Data Handling Systems (IDHS) and AF C2 & ISR related research, studies, analysis, enhance operations, increase mission effectiveness, improve information security, conduct experimentation, and implement new and emerging information access, processing, analysis and dissemination technologies in response to critical AF and IC multi-domain needs across Air, Space, and Cyber.
More About the Role:
* Responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to plan, organize, develop, and assist the government in system architecture approaches and to provide support to multiple complex technical program efforts.
* Provides expertise in DOD areas such as doctrine, policy, and organization.
* Will assist the government to identify, understand, to specify broad system requirements, and to provide recommendations/follow through on DOD policy.
* Develop and maintain system architecture, key capabilities, performance requirements, and operational concepts.
* Oversees and defines design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with DOD customer specifications.
* Recommends technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
* Apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
* Demonstrates professional competence in applying the theoretical foundations of computer science and engineering, including computer system architecture and system software organization, the representation and transformation of information structures, and the theoretical models for such representations and transformations; specialized knowledge of the design characteristics, limitations, and potential applications of systems having the ability to transform information.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Possess a proven subject matter expertise in areas such as command and control, intelligence, acquisition, data handling, space, cyber, and intelligence data handling
* Advanced degree (Master’s/PHD) in scientific or engineering discipline, at least 10 years’ experience of increasing responsibility in DOD system/software development and considered subject matter expert in assigment related technical area
* Eligible to obtain a Department of Defense (DOD) position appropriate level of security clearance
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.