5 months ago
Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Space Systems Business Area develops high performance, innovative components and systems that are changing how we reach, explore, and utilize space. Our capabilities range from spacecraft actuators, to small satellites, to Dream Chaser®, a winged and piloted orbital commercial spacecraft.
SNC is currently seeking a Principal Space SIGINT Systems Engineer to support our spacecraft systems product line. This position requires candidates to lead/perform engineering activities related to SIGINT mission development, including definition of mission requirements/trades, RF signals collection/processing analysis, payload definition and design, system performance, mission data processing, and mission operations. Responsibilities include serving as Lead SIGINT systems engineer on spacecraft programs successfully directing/overseeing SIGINT mission design, detailed payload and payload interface designs, and supervisory responsibilities for engineering team and payload provider partners. This position also supports business development in creating technical solutions to new spacecraft product line opportunities, with focus on mission definition and payload design.
**Active TS/SCI Clearance required**
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Responsible for overseeing successful engineering execution and fully compliant technical performance for SIGINT mission development.
* Leadership and execution of signals intelligence analyses/trades involving signal parameterization, collection strategies, sensitivity/processing analyses, and supporting geolocation analyses.
* Serves as technical liaison to the Program Manager, providing input regarding programmatic impact of technical approaches, issues, and risks.
* Develops program technical baselines including requirements, specifications, verification plans, schedules, and budgets.
* Supports Integrated Product Team(s) as part of a spacecraft program.
* Supports the preparation and conduct of major technical design reviews.
* Leads troubleshooting of SIGINT mission design challenges.
* Serves as engineering liaison with satellite/payload operations as program transitions from design verification into production and operations.
* Supports new business activities with space mission and payload conceptual design development and proposal support.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
* Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Experience and proven success in a Principal or Lead Engineer role on SIGINT spacecraft system design/development.
* 14+ years of experience in spacecraft SIGINT mission design/analysis. Experience through mission operations is desirable.
* Strong communication skills and leadership abilities demonstrated on programs with both small and large teams.
* BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
* Ability to work highly independently with broad direction, where effectiveness is judged by results obtained.
* US Citizenship required. Active security clearance is required, including SCI.
* This position requires current/active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.