9 months ago
Requisition ID: 13680
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Software Engineer – Embedded Communication to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Become an integral part of the Government Systems Communication Engineering Organization! As a Principal Software Engineer in this organization, you will be involved in the development of state-of-the-art communications systems and implementing embedded software communications protocols in products for international and U.S. based customers, in addition to opportunities for project leadership. Examples of these products range from high-frequency radios to secure, sophisticated software-defined radios that can enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
Technical responsibilities for this software engineering position will primarily encompass working in an software architect role across multiple platforms and communications waveforms, to leverage existing code bases and contribute to key decision making for the successful development of applications across multiple product lines. Involvement in requirements definition, collaboration on software design, implementing software, unit test and software\hardware integration based on defined requirements and detailed design. This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified applicants.
* Collaborate with software and systems engineers to identify, communicate and capture architecturally significant decisions, requirements and technical risk areas that drive commonality among multiple products for competitive customer offerings
* Provide expert level guidance on relevant technologies across company and industry practices and standards
* Solving complex software and systems problems
* Support and mentor engineering teams as focal subject matter expert contributing to software/waveform design and implementation, software/hardware integration activities, and technical interchange reviews and meetings with internal and external customers
Candidates must have the following skills or qualifications:
* Must be capable to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Expert level knowledge and\or experience in communications systems and multi-threaded embedded application software engineering development and integration
* Software development and integration role experience on complex multi-threaded embedded C and C++ product software code bases.
* Experience with object-oriented analysis and design in C++
* Experience with standard full lifecycle software development practices and configuration management tools
* Strive to effectively communicate technical issues in a professional manner; both written and oral form.
Preferred experience/skills (but not required) with any of the following:
* TDMA, mobile adhoc network (MANET) and waveform communication protocol experience is desirable such as TTNT, JPALS and/or Link 16
* Software Communications Architecture (SCA is an open architecture framework) experience is desirable
* Be comfortable working in a Linux development environment; experience with using mutexes, semaphores, queues, inter-process communication, and interrupt service routines beneficial
* Desire to successfully work in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with coworkers in person and through technology
* Strive to consistently produce superior results, keeping project milestones on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
* IP networking and networking protocol experience is desirable
* The Open Systems Interconnection model, with a focus on layers 2 (data link) and 3 (network)
* Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) and Extensible Markup Language (XML)
* Proficiency in scripting languages such as python, java script and perl
* Unified Modeling Language (UML)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.