about 1 year ago
Is software in your DNA? Are you driven to create outstanding code that not only shapes but exceeds next generation requirements? Then we want to talk to you. Our attitude (and our aptitude) is pushing technology beyond expectations. We not only engineer the future, we transform it.
At ISR & Space Systems we design world class high altitude electro-optical sensors employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value and trust our people, their integrity, ideas and performance. With singular clarity, our focus is providing true intelligence in real time to key decision makers. From space to ground our sensor technologies and systems are the source data providing global perspective and actionable intelligence.
This position will play a key role in pushing Big Data technology into resource-constrained environments to support advanced military capabilities. The ideal candidate will have big data and deep learning experience, top-notch distributed software architecture skills, and a solid understanding of how to build robust and efficient systems within a military environment. This position requires a candidate who can communicate effectively and coordinate a cross-functional team of engineering and business experts.
* Understand the rapidly developing <> of Big Data and Machine Learning and guide adoption of these technologies into UTAS sensors
* Design flexible, robust, and efficient system architectures to support current and future processing needs
* Actively solicit feedback from our customers, business, and engineering staff
* Coordinate products and solutions across multiple active projects
* Communicate priorities, architectures, and status to customer, business, and technical audiences
* Develop and integrate software to support these architectures
* With BS/BA candidate must have10+ years of related experience
* With MS/MA candidate must have 7+ years of related experience
* Experience developing a distributed data processing platform with Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Accumulo, Yarn, etc.
* Experience with Object-Oriented Analysis and Design using C++, Java, Python, etc.
* Experience with machine learning and operationalizing analytic models
* Experience with data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data management, query processing, distributed processing, high availability, statistical, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of production systems is required
* Experience designing and tuning for performance and scalability
* Experience with mixed real-time, message-based and ETL-based data environments
* Computer and network security
* Web technologies (client or server)
* Application or portal servers
* Enterprise application integration
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong team player
* Leadership through influence
* Demonstrated willingness and ability to take initiative
* Ability to drive tasks to closure
* Due to programs & projects candidate must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a US DoD Clearance
* 10% Travel
* Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or comparable
* MS/MA is preferred in related field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.