3 months ago
United States of America
CALES: LenelS2 Framingham MA 1 Speen Street Suite 300, Framingham, MA, 01701 USA
LenelS2 is a manufacturer of IP-based physical security and video management systems. Our engineers develop products and solutions that provide powerful, cost effective ways to protect people, property and assets. We pioneered the idea of basing physical security systems on IP networking technology and open architecture. Software has always been at the heart of what we do at LenelS2. We have an opening for an experienced Software Engineer on our video products team. We are seeking highly skilled Engineers who love solving complex problems; enjoys building reliable software that integrates with real-world things like doors, readers, sensors, and cameras; and who has an interest in learning and leveraging new technologies.
* Strong C++ 11 knowledge, including modern usage of templates, collections, smart pointers, concurrency, and Boost libraries.
* A strong foundation in Linux. The successful candidate should have a good understanding of and experience with a wide range of standard Linux debugging and monitoring tools.
* Excellent Object-oriented design & programming skills. He/she will be expected to have experience and skill in designing modular, concurrent software in response to high level architectural guidance.
* Experience reading, understanding, debugging, and refactoring legacy code as needed in order to integrate new functionality
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong desire to work in an Agile Team environment.
* Experience with and commitment to standard quality processes including version control, design/code reviews, defect tracking, and unit testing
* Minimum of a BSCS or equivalent.
Highly Desirable Qualifications
* Experience with digital video, including transport protocols like RTSP/RTCP/RTP and video codecs.
* Experience implementing cloud services in AWS
* Good understanding of a variety of network protocols, and experience in the use of protocol analyzers like Wireshark.
* Experience implementing software to interface with external systems, such as sensors and audio/video devices via standard and vendor-proprietary APIs.
* Self-motivated and have a proven ability to work well in a team environment
* Able to learn quickly and willing to share knowledge
* Flexible, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
* Design, develop, code, test, document, and support our software
* Participate in design and code reviews, as well as reviewing QA test plans
* Work with Technical Support to help resolve Customer Issues
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.