5 months ago
STS Technical Services is actively hiring Principal Laser Systems Engineers in Melbourne, FL. In this position, you will be responsible for leading all systems engineering activities, including systems software engineering on assigned project. Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of sophisticated electronic products supporting both defense and commercial applications. This is a DIRECT HIRE position that is available immediately. Relocation assistance provided for the right candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Lead all systems engineering activities, including systems software engineering on assigned project.
* Plan and direct efforts of other systems engineers assigned to the project.
Perform Requirements Engineering tasks, including:
* Analyze customer and stakeholder needs, and develop Concepts of Operation
* Generate/develop, derive, allocate, and control requirements, including product cost targets
* Perform functional analyses
* Maintain requirements database
* Develop measures of effectiveness and performance
Develop Systems Architecture/Systems Design/Performs Systems Analysis
* Identify baseline and alternate candidate design concepts and architectures
* Prepare trade study plans, and conduct and document trade studies, including cost trades
* Evaluate and optimize candidate design concepts and architectures
* Perform systems modeling, simulation, and performance analysis
* Prepare system/solution description documents
Performs Systems Integration
* Create, release and maintain project Systems Engineering Plan
* Define, maintain, and control system/subsystem interfaces
* Identify long lead items, coordinate with Supply Chain on “Make/Buy” decisions and selection of suppliers for the project and/or product
* Ensure specialty engineering activities such as reliability, maintainability, supportability, survivability, logistics support, security, safety, human factors, electromagnetic environmental effects, environmental engineering, packaging and handling, etc. are planned and executed as necessary
* Define technical integration strategies and develops integration plans
Perform Systems Verification
* Develop product systems and subsystem level verification requirements and pass/fail criteria
* Develop Qualification, Verification, and Validation Plans
* Plan and conduct integration tests. Document all results.
* Track integration tests results and retest status
* Plan and conduct experiments involving test methods and conditions, e.g., vibration, shock, thermal environments. Document all results.
* Plan and conduct product prototype testing. Document all results.
* Plan and conduct product Engineering Confidence Tests (ECT) and Design Verification Tests (DVT). Document all results.
* Develop ECT, DVT and formal qualification test methodology and flow
* Working with Test Equipment Engineering, identify needs for product test equipment, and develop engineering and production test equipment design and verification requirements
* Working with Manufacturing Engineering, Test Equipment Engineering and Production Operations, develop production test procedures (ESS and ATP)
* Conduct and record results of qualification, verification, and validation efforts and corrective actions. Responsible for execution and closure of Failure Investigation & Analysis Reports (FIAR) and Test Incident Reports (TIR)
* Generate formal Qualification Test Reports (QTR)
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics is required. Master’s degree in STEM-related field desired.
* CSEP certification desired.
* Minimum of ten years of systems engineering experience executing systems design and qualification of EO/IR products is required.
* Experience in EO/IR product design engineering or analysis is required.
* Experience with EO/IR systems integration including detectors, optics, laser range finders and laser designators strongly desired.
* Experience with multi-component platform design, integration and verification required.
* Experience with multi-spectral imaging systems desired.
* Experience with EOCCM desired.
* Experience with GPS and precision azimuth angle measurement desired.
* Professional work experience in defense industry/DoD strongly desired.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call. .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.