10 months ago
Manager, Financial Systems
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 115 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Principal Financial Systems Analyst designs and delivers creative, cost-effective, and integrated solutions to support back-office functions. This role analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
Scope & Complexity
- This individual contributor role routinely exercises discretion and has the autonomy to make decisions as they liaise with business partners to solve problems and improve processes for the Alaska Air Group (AAG).
- Works collaboratively with PeopleSoft Financials systems users, Finance division stakeholders and other business partners to gather requirements, document business processes, develop functional specifications, design and test documents.
- Serves as a PeopleSoft subject matter expert for the following,
- AP, GL, AM and Purchasing modules
- Fit/Gap analysis
- Configure, Administer and Troubleshoot PeopleSoft applications
- Query and analyze data in a relational database architecture
- Maintains project and system documentation
- Documents functional requirements
- Reviews and approves technical design documentation
- Writes and executes integration/system test scripts, and documents results as pass/fail
- Responsible to facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT) to gains stakeholder approval for migration of changed code or configurations
- Maintains knowledge of new features in PeopleSoft 9.2 PUM images and makes recommendations on adoption of features based on business need or opportunity
- Leads process improvement efforts by investigating, identifying, and implementing PeopleSoft features or modules not currently in use and through partnering with business process owners and Financial Systems Manager, to provide input into PeopleSoft roadmap.
- Evaluates and documents the impact of cross-divisional projects on Finance division systems and processes.
- Ensures ongoing compliance with security policies and controls.
- Liaises with technical support and finance team end-users to resolve complex system errors/inquiries.
- Troubleshoots and identifies the root causes of issues and recommends solutions to prevent future occurrences (e.g., user inquiries, data files, interfaces, reports, etc.).
- Utilizes project management techniques to recommend and establish critical project milestones, track open issues, communicate project status updates, and organize lessons learned.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to less experienced analysts.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of business practices, regulations, workflows, and systems design in the assigned subject matter area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Requirements, Skills and Education
- A minimum of 6 years of experience with functional analysis supporting PeopleSoft Financials or another large enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Ability to quickly learn complex processes and systems, recommend appropriate changes, to gain stakeholder buy-in, and to lead implementations.
- Proven conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Passionate about business being done right with the ability to produce timely and accurate results.
- Thorough understanding of the P2P (Procure to Pay) process and general ledger experience
- PeopleSoft query skills
- Familiarity with key PeopleSoft Financials Data Model
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft security
- Demonstrated experience in one or more PeopleSoft implementations/upgrades in 9.X
- Good understanding of Oracle PUM continuous delivery, selective adoption model
- A self-starter who takes ownership of their work and excels with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage multiple, concurrent tasks.
- A strong disposition for customer service supported by excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to learn from and return value to Finance stakeholders by working collaboratively with others and as part of a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Airline experience.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in Finance, Accounting or Information Technology.
- CPA certification.
- International Institute of Business Analysis CCBA or CBAP certification.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: March 18, 2018.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.