** Principal Electronics Engineer **
Oaklands Global has been commissioned by a leading aerospace client to identify and recruit an experienced Principal Electronics Engineer on a permanent basis based in Buckinghamshire.
· High level modelling of processing functions and simulation of different solutions
· Generation of high level architectures through to implementation
· Generation of technical proposals, bid plans and estimates
· Adherence to process and best practise
· Support to the Chief Engineer in determining product road mapping and the strategic direction for technology and capability
· Mentoring of junior engineering staff and growth of the technical capability of the team
· Process and business improvements
Candidate qualifications / experience required:
· Project team leadership
· Development lifecycle management for both research and customer driven products
· Digital Hardware Design, including the use of JTAG for verification and test
· DSP Software Design
· Proven experience with main FPGA families (Xilinx, Altera) or the main DSP families (Analog Devices, TI, Freescale)
· Embedded programming experience (firmware and software)
· Able to present new ideas to both customers and internal teams
· Able to conduct low level, speculative research or follow structured development processes as required A strong role model to other engineers
· Proven technical leadership
· A champion for business improvement
· 5 to 10 years of work experience in a relevant environment
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence. You must hold the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.