Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 28 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants.
Description of the Job:
To help drive the introduction of new products by leading engineering teams in the development of novel processing techniques in support of radio, direction finding and beam forming applications.
The development activities will range from low level research to market driven product developments. The role will require close collaboration with Product Line Management and key customers to define market requirements for new products, support the evolution of the technology roadmaps, and develop the technical capability of the engineering function.
To lead teams to deliver:
- High level modelling of processing functions and simulation of different solutions
- Generation of high level architectures through to implementation
- Generation of technical proposals, bid plans and estimates
- Adherence to process and best practise
- Support to the Chief Engineer in determining product road mapping and the strategic direction for technology and capability
- Mentoring of junior engineering staff and growth of the technical capability of the team
- Process and business improvements
Demonstrable competence across most of following areas are required:
- Project team leadership
- Development lifecycle management for both research and customer driven products
- Digital Hardware Design, including the use of JTAG for verification and test
- DSP Software Design
- Proven experience with main FPGA families (Xilinx, Altera) or the main DSP families (Analog Devices, TI, Freescale)
- Embedded programming experience (firmware and software)
- Able to present new ideas to both customers and internal teams
- Able to conduct low level, speculative research or follow structured development processes as required
Desired education and experience includes a Bachelors or Master's Degree in an applicable science or engineering discipline.
A high level of competence when measured against Cobham's management & leadership competencies, including:
- A strong role model to other engineers
- Proven technical leadership
- A champion for business improvement
The successful candidate will require clearance to handle Government Classified Materials.
Minimum of 5 to 10 years of work experience in a relevant environment.
Our client offer a range of company benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Cameron.Allan@luap.com
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.