8 months ago
This position exercises independent judgment with regard to the resolution of problems and interaction with internal and external departments, outside vendors, subcontractors and consultants, ODA Unit Members and customers. This position has direct contact with the FAA.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Provide FAA 14 CFR compliance support of 3S Certification ODA projects assigned related to your delegated discipline(s)
* Provide FAA 14 CFR compliance approvals for drawings, test plans/procedures, analysis and reports required to support 3S Certification ODA project related to you delegated discipline(s)
* Interface with 3S Engineering, 3S Program Management, 3S Certification ODA staff, all branches of the FAA, military certification personnel and customers as necessary
* Develop, edit and contribute to FAA project specific certification plans, test plans and test reports
* Support witnessing on test plans within your specific delegated authority.
* Support project efforts to understand customer requirements to include detail design and system analysis.
* Serve as Subject Matter Expert to the engineering staff in order to expedite projects and upgrade the 3S Engineering staff’s knowledge level related to FAA requirements
* Provides mentoring for development of requirements and design to team members while serving in the Subject Matter Expert capacity
* Prepare material for, and conduct periodic design reviews.
* Execute electrical engineering design and development activities consistent with customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
* Follow 3S policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
* Ensure that all specifications, designs and developments adhere to civil aviation industry standards
* Provide support in the development and maintaining of configuration baselines for aircraft / avionics systems and sub-systems
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Create technical briefings for customer reviews
* Other duties as assigned
3S job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* BS minimum in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience accepted.
* Minimum 10 years experience.
* A solid understanding of 14 CFR, Parts 21, 23, 25.
* ODA Unit Member or FAA Designated Engineering Representative Certification
* Minimum Part 23 and/or 25 Full Auth. for Electrical Systems and Equipment; A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1, H1, I1, J1, K1, A2, B2, C2, D2, E2, F2, G2, H2, I2, J2, K2, A4, B4, C4, D4, E4, F4, G4, H4, I4, J4, K4, A5, B5, C5, D5, E5, F5, G5, H5, I5, J5, K5
* Growth to Part 23, 25 27 and 29 Full Auth. for Electrical Systems and Equipment: A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1, H1, I1, J1, K1, A2, B2, C2, D2, E2, F2, G2, H2, I2, J2, K2, A4, B4, C4, D4, E4, F4, G4, H4, I4, J4, K4, A5, B5, C5, D5, E5, F5, G5, H5, I5, J5, and K5 will be required
* Additional Authorizations in Electrical Systems and Equipment not listed above will be an advantage.
* Technical writing experience required
* Effective interpersonal skills within an engineering environment that influences the success of a unit or group
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to motivate others
* Must be able to think quickly and make good decisions in regards to aircraft issues and personnel-related issues
* Must be a self-starter and problem solver
* Familiar with commercial technical publications requirements and processes
* Familiar with computer-aided design and drafting packages
* Proficiency in intranet/internet environment and Windows operating systems is required
* Familiar with MS Office products and MS Project or related project tracking system
* Sufficient experience of taking supplier specifications and technical manual data and convert into a clean sheet design
* Experience working STC designs through an MRO, Repair Station or another ODA desired
* Ability to create drawings in electrical disciplines
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.