8 months ago
STS Technical Services is Hiring Principal Electrical Engineers in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Using mathematical, engineering, and scientific principles as well as CAD software and other analytical tools, improve existing products, as well as design new and special products. Research, develop and adapt existing and new technologies for use in future products. Provide mentoring and guidance to Engineering personnel. Develop, document, and implement design, testing, analysis, materials, manufacturing, and quality tools and best practices. Serves as a knowledge resource for electronics and other engineering and development tools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assists in creating a vision for electronics, communications and controls systems for Company
* Collaborates with R&D, Engineering, supplier partners and academia to adapt existing technologies and develop new technologies for use in future new products
* Documents the appropriate technology and processes developed
* Collaboratively works with other engineering and product management functions to create product requirements
* Works from product specifications and requirements to develop and validate electronic/electrical components, materials, and performance standards
* Establishes and validates products to critical to quality (CTQ), production part approval process (PPAP) and design validation plan and report (DVP&R) requirements
* Develops and implements algorithms, including creating, coding, testing and debugging software
* Performs complex calculations, analyses, and testing to verify assumptions
* Utilizes manual and electronic CAD tools to develop robust models, block diagrams, circuits, tolerance analysis, embedded software and emulation tools
* Leads failure modes and effects analyses (FMEAs) and design reviews
* Develops robust designs for new, special, or existing products that can be produced economically and according to established project timelines
* Directs the construction and testing of prototype and pilot products, and conduct analysis of the test results
* Leads complex, cross-functional projects with participants across multiple functional areas
* Develops test equipment for research validation, prototype testing and provide corporate-wide electronics technical support
* Prepares or supports engineering change requests, engineering change notices, bills of material, engineering specifications, and customer submittals
* Maintains disciplined revision control for all related hardware and software
* Interfaces directly with manufacturing shop employees at all plants to clarify questions on drawings and designs
* Assists Manufacturing in troubleshooting production issues on standard and special products
* Assists Technical Service in troubleshooting field installations, when requested
* Directs project workloads for drafters, designers, and engineers, as appropriate
* Provides mentoring and guidance to Engineering personnel and serves as a knowledge resource for electronics and other engineering and development tools
* Other related duties and projects as required
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor’s (BS) degree in engineering or an equivalent discipline plus twelve (12) years related experience
* Working knowledge of standard drafting practices, product structuring, electronics modeling and drawing practices, and sophisticated engineering analysis techniques
* Low and high voltage DC and AC circuit design
* Knowledge of power electronics, high voltage electronics, integrated circuit design, control system design, embedded programming, and LabVIEW
* Familiarity with design, testing, materials, manufacturing, and quality-related best practices
* An advanced technical degree and Professional Engineering license are a plus
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call. .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.