Principal Certification Engineer
£50,000 - £65,000
We have an exciting new opportunity to join a leading innovator in the world of aviation as a Principal Certification Engineer. This role will involve managing the activities of the DAOS CDO, liaising with the MAA/TAA, internal and external Design Organisations with respect to the certification of modifications or repairs for fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
- Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- Ensure that the requisite design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled in accordance with company procedures.
- Support the Head of Design, Principal Design Engineer and the Project Manager and Project Team in the co-ordination, planning and control of the design data.
- Liaise with the Office of Airworthiness on all matters relating to the initial and continued airworthiness of design changes.
- Compile design data as authorised by the Head of Design or Design Airworthiness Manager.
- Incorporate authorised changes/updates to design data.
- Maintain drawing and document registers.
- Act as or support the Design Focal engineer(s) in design review meetings, ie PDR, CDR, FAI etc.
- Regular liaison with internal/external manufacturing departments and suppliers to ensure any related issues are resolved and deadlines met.
- Work effectively as a key member in a team environment, liaising closely with in-house colleagues. Provide clear communication with Project Managers on the status of design programmes and ensure that problems impacting the design element are notified accordingly.
- Ensuring that the Air Systems and their equipment managed by the CDO meet the contract specification in accordance with RA 1014(1) 2a.
- Managing Design Queries per PP-09. Management and promulgation of the air system documentation set.
- Generating specifications for sub-system equipment for design by a subcontracted DO.
- Liaising with the TAA on the Safety Assessment per RA 1014(1) 2q
- Ensuring the through-life configuration management of the air systems per RA 1014(2) 6a.
- Maintaining records of design data in accordance with RA 5850(12)
- Degree or HND/HNC or OND/ONC in mechanical or aeronautical engineering
- Have a clear understanding of airworthiness, aircraft components and/or system design requirements, materials and manufacturing processes.
- CAD proficient.
- Able to produce calculations in support of the design activity.
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements, ie EASA, CAA, MAA.
- The ability to work alone or within a team environment, and as a team member, playing a key role in the production of design data.
- A willingness and ability to travel within the UK and abroad, sometimes at short notice and extended periods may be required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Benefits include: 12% Pension, 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now for more details by sending your CV via the link provided and we will be in touch for a confidential discussion.