5 months ago
** Active TS clearance is required. SCI clearance is a plus. **
SNC is searching for highly motivated engineers and engineering leads to develop and integrate new capabilities in space and near-space platforms, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The preferred candidate will have a mix of space system development and payload integration experience, and/or a background in space or near-space I&T and mission operations. Open positions include mission managers, system engineers, payload integration engineers, and technology development leads. Excellent technical management, team leadership, and communication skills are critical. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders is a must.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Responsible for overseeing successful engineering execution and fully compliant technical performance for major spacecraft and/or near-space development and production programs
* Serves as primary technical liaison to the Program Manager, providing input regarding programmatic impact of technical approaches, issues, and risks
* Develops program technical baselines including requirements, specifications, engineering task schedules, and budgets
* Leads Integrated Product Team(s) or Working Groups
* Leads the preparation and conduct of major technical reviews, including design and test/launch readiness reviews; serves as primary technical interface to customer organizations
* Leads troubleshooting of design challenges, I&T issues, or on-orbit anomalies resulting in successful resolution
* Serves as engineering liaison with Operations groups as multi-spacecraft production programs transition from design verification into production and sustaining engineering
* Supports new business activities with space mission and/or near-space conceptual design development and proposal support
* Other duties as assigned
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
**Active TS clearance is required. SCI clearance is a plus.**
* Requires a BS in Related Field.
* At least 14+ years of previous experience.
* Proven success in a Principal or Lead Engineer role on commercial, civil, or DoD space systems
* Experience in all life cycle phases of space or near-space mission execution, from development through mission operations. I&T experience strongly desired.
* Strong communication skills and leadership abilities demonstrated on programs with both small and large teams
* BS in Engineering in a related discipline, MS preferred
* Ability to work highly independently with broad direction, where effectiveness is judged by results obtained
* Control Account Management (CAM) experience in an Earned Value management environment preferred
* This position requires current/active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.