3 months ago
The pricing analyst is responsible to have competitive pricing structures from his/her markets and adjusts them according to competitive changes, strategic pricing decisions, market feedback and route needs.
The pricing analyst also maximizes revenues for his/her Origins & Desinations by monitoring and adjusting the availability according to the willingness to pay, price availability of the relevant benchmark carriers and route needs.
a) Maximize revenue:
* Develop, implement and monitor an appropriate transit and point-to-point fare structure as well as appropriate fuel surcharges per market (Point Of Sale) in accordance with the business objectives of Brussels Airlines for the overall network in order to maximize the revenue.
* Translates business opportunities into pricing solutions based on the feedback from the local and in response to sales department requests in order to develop working procedures, templates and special segment programs.
* Implements and translates the Special Prorate Agreements and codeshare agreements in pricing structures from their responsible markets in order to enlarge sales possibilities
* Ensures the fares database is up-to-date with published and market fares for each market (Sabre AirPrice)
* Initiate pricing programs that stimulate passenger demand and work with the Flight Analyst to identify the markets requiring stimulation
* Takes care of interline issues which are pricing related
* In an Origin&Destination Revenue Management environment, the Pricing Analyst will be responsible for the inputs to the Fare component of the O&D system. He/she will be accountable for the accuracy, quality and timeliness of the Pricing and Revenue Accounting data to be entered into the O&D system Fare component.
* Analyses and interprets statistics reports in to stays up to date with market developments, increased competition and possible threats that may endanger our market shares in order to react accordingly if necessary and takes appropriate actions.
* Systematically analyze and actively participate in market analysis to gain understanding of the dynamics in the marketplace that may have stemmed from action taken and changes with fare structure, competition, economic, political changes impacting route profitability, network contribution and revenue maximization.
* Prepares and/or controls fare request sheets and co-ordinates together with the fare distribution department and adequate fare distribution.
* Collect feedback and market intelligence from the markets, field sales and marketing on market fares and competitive pricing initiatives
* Produce management reports to monitor market performance and trends.
* Setting up and maintaining communication links with the various sections of Sales and other relevant departments to ensure coordination and flow of information concerning market conditions and dynamics.
* Ensure that market knowledge, pricing information, specifically net fares, override commissions and special group details are reaching the O&D-Route Analyst who make the day-to-day revenue management decisions.
* Providing feedback to the team and to the management (all levels) to evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of the strategies.
* Bachelor diploma, preferably in an economic environment
* Working knowledge of pricing practices in aviation is an asset
* System knowledge:
* IT tools for analysis and/or reporting purposes
* Microsoft office applications (Excel)
* Knowledge of Amadeus and ATPCO is an asset
* Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capability
* Market understanding and sound business judgment
* Fluent in English
* Be able to work under pressure
* Ability to grow to a people management position in the future