5 months ago
STS Technical Services is Hiring Powerplant Engineers in Miami, Florida!
The Engineer performs routine engineering tasks in compliance using OEM Engine Manual, Standard Practice Manual, Service Bulletin; Customer supplied Special Instructions, and all relevant technical documentations.
* Provide full technical support to current production parts
* Maintain engineering data, repair routers, and special procedures to the latest revisions within the timeframe specified by the technical library (response to Action Requests and Process DCR’s to incorporate changes to routers, inspections sheets and process sheets)
* Create, revise, and modify routers, teardown reports, and special instructions. Design tooling/fixtures necessary to support repair process and to verify compliance with relevant technical specifications and requirements
* Prepare engineering reports and data packages for repair development substantiation and approval
* Provide assistance, guidance, and instructions to mechanics and inspectors for best practices to comply with technical requirements
* Utilize engineering methods and root cause analysis to eliminate waste / rework and potential escapes
* Responsible for completing projects of new capabilities from start to finish. This will include but is not limited to designing and overseeing the building of fixtures and new equipment set up. Responsible for acquiring and helping set up vendors that are needed to complete a project.
* Responsible to troubleshoot new capabilities while they are being processed prior to those projects being handed over to production. Complete all tasks assigned by engineering manager
* Review engine manual revisions and make necessary changes
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
* The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Applicants must have experience in developing and implementing repairs for turbine engine components in an FAA repair station
* It is preferred that the applicant possesses degrees in aerospace or mechanical engineering disciplines but this can be compensated with years of experience in the field
* Specific turbine engine component repair development experience is a must
* The applicant should have shop background and have the ability to provide technical instructions and training to inspectors and mechanics
* Bachelor’s Degree; or minimum 4 years related experience and / or training.
* Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word Processing Software, MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Outlook
Thank you for taking the time to view this post. If you’d like to speak to a Recruitment Professional about this or any other job opening we have, please call. We hope to hear from you soon!