12 months ago
This position has primary job responsibility for the technical aspects of SCA engine(s) program based upon Safety, FAA regulations, reliability, and cost of ownership issues.
* Issue Engineering Task Cards/Authorizations to address aircraft power plant modifications, improvements, repairs, and alterations.
* Act as the focal point for vendors on technical issues relating to powerplants, and responsible for the establishment of procedures for coordinating and resolving technical issues with vendors.
* Review Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, Service Letters, All Operator Wires, etc. to ensure the continued safe and efficient powerplant operation, and recommend pertinent action.
* Perform all required Engine Condition Monitoring.
* Conduct fleet surveys and other powerplant data collecting efforts.
* Provide on-site assistance with maintenance activity, as required, to support airline maintenance personnel.
* Provide after-hours engineering support for problems encountered during operations, scheduled maintenance activities and line maintenance operations.
* Provide maintenance troubleshooting assistance for the resolution of chronic powerplant issues resulting in a prompt return to service.
* Provide input for improvements and justification for changes to the aircraft maintenance program.
* Author changes to aircraft maintenance manuals and illustrated parts catalogs.
* Maintain the engine and APU build specifications delineating the required maintenance to be accomplished at designated shop visits.
* Maintain a future engine removal forecast and anticipated shop visit costs.
* Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal safety and health regulatory requirements, programmatic standards, and with any internal policies and procedures identified by Sun Country Airlines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
None required, however FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) designation is a plus.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university and five plus years related experience
* BSME/MSME is preferred
* Airline Industry experience is required
* Must have demonstrated aircraft engine troubleshooting experience
* Must have demonstrated engine shop level experience
* Significant ECM experience is preferred.
* Must complete Engine Condition Monitoring (GE Diagnostics) Training to hold this position
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Travel: As needed to fulfill Sun Country Airlines operational needs.