about 1 month ago
Power Electronics Principal Engineer-19020398
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Clearance Type: None
Number of Openings : 2
Shift : 1st Shift
Northrop Grumman Missions Systems is seeking a Design Engineer to join a team designing power conversion systems for military applications.
This position is located in Sykesville, MD at the Power/Control Systems campus within the Power Conversion Technology Department as part of Hardware Engineering. The candidate would work with senior Power Electronics
Engineers for design of module level and system level electrical circuits.
The applications consist of Prime Power Equipment and Machinery Control Systems. The candidate would be responsible for creating circuits and documenting them in a schematic capture tool as part of the electrical design. The candidate would also be responsible for the design of test tools for manufacturing check out of the system after build completion and support of any production issues during initial build. The preferred candidate would have experience with printed wiring boards (PWBs) and circuit card assemblies (CCAs) either in testing them or designing them.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with a minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience or M.S. in Engineering with a minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience
- Experience applying Electrical Engineering principles to design or test electrical systems
- Standard MS Office software, e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a DOD security clearance
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues or support of operations with manufacturing issues
- Experience using electrical design tools for modeling and simulation of circuits
- Experience using schematic capture tools for printed wiring board development or testing of printed wiring boards
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit our website. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job ID: 19020398