10 months ago
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The Landing Systems business unit located in Miami Gardens, FL has a great mid-level position for a Plater II. The selected individual will perform mechanical blasting functions in order to prepare landing gear parts for induction to the following lines, chrome, nickel, cadmium, and nital, The position is on 1stshift. Individuals with multi-line experience and expertise in chrome is preferred.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Perform flash and hard chrome operation and racking of all components for chrome plating as well as bright cad and cad of minor components.
* Prepare parts by masking or stop-off for plating, shotpeening and sandblasting. Wax parts for plating, perform alodine, brush cad, cad strip & passivation.
* Sand blast parts for plating (chrome, nickel, cadmium and nital etch).
* Measure component parts with thickness gauge and measuring instruments on various process lines
* Perform degrease operation, pre and post plating function for NDT (Non Destructive Testing), machine shop and grind shop
* Load and unload parts in ovens, documenting time and date of each operation.
* Actively support site EH&S and process improvement initiatives.
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
Qualification: *Experience / Qualifications
2-4 years of Plating experience. Experience plating large parts is preferred.
Strong focus on quality and quantity of work output.
Must be able to work independently and in a team.
Ability to interpret blueprints/overhaul manuals and adhere to requirements.
Ability to use measuring instruments such as: micrometers, thickness gauge, dial bores, calipers, amp meters, and telescoping gauges.
Basic computer skills.
*Education / Certifications
High School Diploma
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.