4 months ago
The Process Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in an industrial plant. Establishes standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of equipment according to engineering principles and safety regulations
* Understands and follows all safety procedures, including personal protective equipment.
* Assures that outside contractors are informed and follow all safety procedures, including personal protective equipment.
* Reports all accidents, near misses, equipment damage, etc. promptly.
* Assures compliance with applicable industry standards and legal requirements where necessary.
* Develop processes to meet specialized design and performance specifications.
* Provide technical support for maintenance, equipment and processes.
* Research and develop new methodologies, processes, and propose new research concepts. Carry out the research and document the results.
* Actively participate in cost reduction programs by proposing new cost reduction ideas.
* Prepares designs and layouts for review.
* Prepares RFQs and contracts for construction and equipment purchases.
* Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
* Provide technical support to the organization and make recommendations to enhance effectiveness of productivity, quality and safety.
* Work closely with Plant Engineering/Maintenance to improve the effectiveness of the group.
* Modify and design equipment components.
* Manage Engineering projects from cradle to grave, including new equipment installations, major rebuilds, new product launches, and modifications.
* Develop effective countermeasures when problems or nonconformance are uncovered.
* Performs all aspects of the position according to the PCC Code of Conduct and SOX guidelines.
Education and Experience
* BS Engineering: Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, or equivalent work experience.
* Three or more years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with manufacturing equipment and project management.
* Experience with AutoCAD or CAD program.
* Position requires knowledge of manufacturing or industrial process design and engineering techniques.
* Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools (RCA, PMs and Pdms).
* Strong understanding of all phases of project management, including initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing.
* Excellent personal time management skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities with possible conflicting deadlines.
* Must have good analytical, troubleshooting, and decision making skills.
* Good working knowledge of all MS Office applications, internet applications, and AutoCAD.
* Must be proficient in the use of analytical tools and techniques to analyze data, train others and participate in teams to find solutions to problems.
* Must have a “Hands On” approach to resolving issues.
* Establish good working relationships with leadership team, peers, production team, vendors and contractors; team oriented.
* Must be proficient in the use of communications techniques (oral and written; speaking and listening) to transmit ideas to individuals and groups.
* High level of self-motivation to perform and succeed.
* Able to work out/with normal office hours as business requires.
* Performs all aspects of the position according to the PCC Code of Ethics.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to frequently remain in a stationary position with repetitive hand motions. Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery including a copy machine, and computer printer. Employee will be required to make frequent visits to the manufacturing environment and must be able to occasionally walk and stand, sometimes in extreme heat or cold; may occasionally be required to climb or balance; push/pull, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May be required to operate a forklift and hand tools.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the office setting with exposure to climate changes, uneven surfaces, heights, noise, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.