4 months ago
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
College Graduate Program - This program is designed for traditional college students with minimum work experience.
Undergraduate or Graduate Degree achieved in the last Fiscal Year (July 2018 - June 2019)
3.2 GPA in field of study, 3.0 GPA overall
Clear, professional communications (written and verbal)
Excellent personal interaction skills
Readiness to roll up his sleeves and do what it takes
Proven track record of leading a student organization and/or charity (position of leadership in volunteer activities)
Monthly schedule (Sept – May):
Rotation: 1 week/month: Rotate to a different function at site
Project: 1 week/month: Work on an Aerospace Group project / training classes
Career: 2 weeks/month: Work in position
Travel is required for the program.
Planner - College Grad Position (to start July 2019)
Ensures performance to the master production schedule to achieve division objectives for customer service, inventory levels, and configuration management. Plans, prepares, issues, and controls basic production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
1. Identifies common raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production specifications. Ensures accurate item master schedules and bill of materials.
2. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
3. Confirms materials supply is available to meet demand. Prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts to support master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements. Coordinates material movements between internal work and storage areas and/or outside processing or suppliers to ensure materials are available when needed.
4. Schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders and/or stock transfers to meet customer shipping dates. Projects hardware availability for assembly build schedule update and development of monthly sales plan objectives.
5. Analyzes inventory usage, scrap, and waste, and identifies and quantifies potential problems and causes that would impact the ability to achieve inventory level objectives.
6. Advises and assists management in resolving problems concerning overshipments, shortages, engineering changes, and cancellation of orders. Monitors component shortage status. May prepare detailed layouts of component shortage requirements on assigned programs over three-month horizon.
7. Maintains configuration control on all open orders and appropriate data files as required by division policies and procedures.
8. Coordinates cross-functional activities with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving, and Contract Administration to ensure a smooth flow of materials through the production process and consistent information regarding status and priorities.
9. Recommends changes to improve product or process efficiency and/or reduce cost using continuous improvement principles.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical and/or trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
11. Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions. Complies with policies and procedures in Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM).
12. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Education and Experience
Professional entry level position. Bachelors degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration with a Supply Chain focus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of general manufacturing and business operations and key manufacturing resources planning theories and principles including continuous improvement methods (e.g. pull systems, process mapping, JIT). General knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to production control. General knowledge of manufacturing resource planning systems and standard business application software. Ability to research and analyze data and develop recommendations or resolve problems by drawing on internal information and referring to prior decisions. Ability to work with only general work direction and instructions regarding the scope of assignments and determine priority and order of assignments. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and policies. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)