5 months ago
Job Description - Planner - Material & Deployment Support Technician for Pat Bay, British Columbia (101605)
Planner - Material & Deployment Support Technician for Pat Bay, British Columbia -
Requisition ID : 101605
CA-British Columbia-Patricia Bay
We have a great opportunity for you!
Maritime Helicopter Program (MHP)
L3 MAS plays an important in-service support role (SES) for the Canadian CH148 Maritime Helicopter Program (MHP) Cyclone. Our mandate is to assist Sikorsky (the manufacturer) with respect to the engineering and airworthiness certification of the new helicopters, as well as the development of a continuous airworthiness program. The main responsibilities of L-3 MAS are the development of a technical support concept for the Maritime Helicopter Arming System (MHWS), transition from production to support, and Management and supervision of all SES work.
The Material and Deployment Support Specialist is responsible to manage and control the MHWS inventory of parts, consumables, STE and tools at 443 Squadron in Pat Bay required in support of the CH148 Cyclone MHWS maintenance program and deployed operations. The role further includes acting as the focal point of contact in the Contractor Field Office (CFO) organization for all matters related to addressing of material availability issues.
* Coordinate deployment support requirements with the 443 Sqn Log Ops and HELAIRDET Chiefs, including monthly reporting of Pack-Up Kits (PUK) status, PUK preparation for delivery to the Point of Release, PUK return following deployment, and resolution of PUK discrepancies;
* Manage PUK replenishment to meet deployed operational requirements;
* Develop and routinely provide metrics for reporting the status of material in PUKs and for reporting material used during deployments;
* Manage a computerized inventory of parts, consumables, STE and tools that can be relied upon for the accuracy of data contained, including but not limited to, accurate description fields, accurate quantity levels in storage and throughout the supply chain pipeline, accurate storage location(s), accurate serviceability status etc.;
* Manage an inventory replenishment system with procedures that can be relied upon to meet the inventory consumption rate and established minimum service levels, consistent with prudent business principles;
* Prioritize inventory picking requirements for warehouse employees;
* Expedite high priority demands for parts, consumables, STE and tools in support of the MHWS maintenance program and Deployed operations, consistent with customer expectations;
* Expeditiously resolve material requirement shortfalls and other discrepancies, including the implementation of longer term solutions to prevent the problem from recurring; and
* Investigate Technical Problems related to inventory or warehouse operations and recommend improvements to the Site Supervisor for material management and control processes, procedures, instructions and/or reports.
* A computerized material management tool support system called the Material Enabling System (MES) designed to support the receiving, put-away, picking, issue, inventory management and return of parts, consumables, STE and tools as they flow to and from their storage area and the aircraft servicing areas, including the management of inventory re-order process as well as reverse logistics functionalities.
* Post Secondary education in a relevant field required;
* Between three (3) and five (5) years of relevant experience in materials management required;
* Knowledge of Canadian Forces deployed operations and/ or aerospace materials management considered an asset;
* A working knowledge of a Materials Management System such as SAP required;
* A working knowledge of metrics for reporting material handling and procurement required;
* Previous experience with the Canadian Maritime Helicopter Program would be beneficial; and
* Must be eligible to obtain a NATO Secret status from the Canadian Industrial Security Program.
Operational requirements :
* Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
* Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and NATO Secret security clearance;
* Location not accessible via public transportation, car required.
At L3 MAS, we care about the principles of employment equity and we encourage Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities that qualify to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Secret
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : Day - 1st
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Organization : Division L-3 MAS