7 months ago
Pipe/Steel Fabrication Coordinator - 1077266
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Title: Pipe/Steel Fabrication Coordinator
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Under general direction, is accountable for the procurement performance and results of Pipe and Structural Steel fabrication awards across all assigned projects.
HOME OFFICE COORDINATOR DUTIES:
* Executes and supervises cradle to grave purchasing activities (including bid, evaluate, award cycle, execution of agreements, execution of changes, price and schedule negotiations) for a pipe and steel fabrication across all assigned projects
* Drive cost reduction initiatives on Fabrication contracts
* Understand, track, and forecast the key cost drivers and market factors for assigned Category group
* Assist in developing a Category specific sourcing strategies to support corporate and divisional objectives, providing the company competitive advantage in the areas of materials, supplies, and services and ensure the alignment with Engineering
* Identify corrective actions and measures in case of quality or schedule issues with suppliers
* Help locate, analyze, and develop a consolidated supplier base to meet current and future Category needs
* Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement
* Provide input to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process, procedures and tools
* Helps develop KPI’s for this Category Group
* Participate in important negotiations and claim negotiations in this Category Group
* Prepares and edits presentations describing Pipe/Steel Fabrication strategies for assigned projects
* Perform all work in accordance with KBR's Code of Business Conduct, using ethical practices with full audit traceability.
SHOP FABRICATION COORDINATION DUTIES:
* Travel to fabrication shops and provide in-shop Fabrication Coordination through duration of the project
* Works closely with Engineering, Construction, Project Management, Procurement Management, Inspection and the Fabricators to achieve project milestones/goals/objectives
* Monitor and coordinate responses to RFI's from fabricators to Engineering
* Issue weekly fabrication reports to project team members
* Lead weekly project status meetings/conference calls when required
* Identify material supply issues and assist in coordinating solutions
* Assures that problems will reported timely to the projects and senior procurement management
* Conducts the orderly closeout of Procurement operations, including settlement of claims and back-charges, and resolving punch list items assigned to Procurement
* Review, log and audit invoices for correctness per the terms of the contract.
Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 10+ years of Procurement and Supply Chain Management experience in Pipe Fabrication and Steel Fabrication with a fabricator or a global EPC company executing contracts in key industries, such as oil and gas, LNG, petrochemical, chemical, etc.
* Preference of detailed purchasing experience and knowledge in Pipe Fabrication, with experience in a pipe shop
* Detailed knowledge of Pipe Fabrication Unit Rate Price Books and how they are applied to unit rate contracts
* Experience in purchasing or subcontracts, including bid, evaluate, award cycle, execution of agreements, execution of changes, price and schedule negotiations, and commercial strategy.
* Proven track record in cost reduction programs
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in order to flow goals and directives and effectively communicate commercial solutions and concepts to procurement personnel and non-procurement personnel
* Ability to work in a complex schedule driven work environment
* Procurement experience in “lump-sum” business
* Experience with e-procurement tools, such as e-bidding or e-auctions
* Computer proficiency as well as intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office products.
* Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record in cost reduction and control.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.