3 months ago
With Pilot Pathways at FlightSafety we will provide you with the opportunity to obtain your flight licenses AT NO COST to the selected indivdual. This is a specialized and unique program developed by FlightSafety Academy to assist and promote professional pilot opportunities for United States citizens or those who hold permanent residency.
After completing a rigorous interview and screening process and once accepted into the program, FlightSafety Academy will provide free training to achieve a CFI, CFII and MEI certificates. After successfully completing CFI training and flight checks, the pilot enters a paid tenure as a professional flight instructor, employed at the Academy in Vero Beach, Florida. The length of the training agreement is based on the number of licenses the candidate will receive. Once the instruction residence is complete, the pilot has the opportunity to receive one or more jet-type rating training courses of your choice from one of over forty FlightSafety Learning Centers.
This position provides an incredible opportunity for pilots who hold AT LEAST a private pilot license with instrument rating to earn additional licenses (up to and including Certified Flight Instructor Rating, CFII and MEI). Developing pilots can qualify for this opportunity by holding at least a Private Pilot license with Instrument Rating. We are also seeking candidates who hold Commercial licenses; Commercial Single and/or Commercial Multi may be qualified.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
* To complete Flight Instructor training programs as assigned
* Conducting flight training in accordance with FAR’s, FSA course outline, and FSA training Regulations
* Manage assigned training within syllabus and the schedule
* Maintain accurate logbook records
* Follow FSA policy regarding control and identification of weak students leading to Progress Reviews
* Maintain currency in all procedures and regulations for all licenses and ratings held
* Report to Assistant PM with completed weekly planner
* Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor with staff, instructors, and students
* Maintain a positive attitude and willingness to perform to a high standard
* Use constructive critique to improve performance
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Other tasks assigned by APM, PM, or Chief Flight Instructor
CONTACTS: The employee must display a service-oriented demeanor to both internal and external contacts and promote a positive image of FlightSafety International, while performing the duties of the job.
INTERNAL - All FlightSafety International Employees
EXTERNAL - Customers, vendors and general public
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITY:
* Complete initial licenses which may include commercial ratings and will include CFI, CFII and MEI as assigned
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
* College degree preferred
* Must hold at least a Private Pilot license with Instrument rating.
* Additional flight licenses as applicable.
* U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
* Valid FAA Medical
* Flight experience per FAA 61.57
* Satisfactory Background Check
* Drug testing as per FlightSafety Academy policy
MATERIALS USED IN TRAINING:
* FSA Aircraft and FSA Flight Trainers
* FSA classrooms and briefing rooms
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
* Duties of Flight Instructor Candidate performed in classroom and training airplanes
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Vero Beach