3 months ago
Berry Aviation, Inc. (BAI) is a trusted leader in private aviation, with a portfolio of services that includes Government, Private Charter, Scheduled and On-Demand Freight, Maintenance, and FBO operations. BAI was formed in 1983 in Austin, Texas. Shortly thereafter, in 1987, BAI extended its aviation services by becoming a Department of Defense CARB Approved Air Carrier with worldwide operating authority and has provided specialty aviation services to various branches of the U.S. Military and other U.S. Government organizations. BAI conducts CONUS and OCONUS operations with a fleet of over 31 aircraft, with past and current OCONUS operations including, Hawaii, Marshall Islands, Johnston Island, Afghanistan, Peru, and Africa.
Our customers include all branches of the U.S. Military, Fortune 500 companies, NASCAR teams, and other Part 135 and 121 Air Carriers. BAI has twice been awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Award for Excellence. BAI has grown into a dynamic, customer-focused company with the knowledge, experience and manpower to operate on short notice with turnkey safe aviation services. All flight operations are conducted by comprehensively trained and experienced pilots working closely alongside our 24-hour dispatch personnel to maintain a thorough emphasis on safety and on-time arrivals.
We are experiencing continued success and growth as BAI is always expanding our operations into new markets. Services are provided with the utmost security and safety measures.
Berry Aviation, Inc. is a privately held certified small business employing approximately 200+ employees. Today the corporate headquarters that oversees the worldwide operation is located at the San Marcos Municipal Airport (KHYI) 1807 Airport Drive San Marcos, TX 78666.
'To continuously raise the bar for safety and customer satisfaction while demonstrating an uncommon ability to execute under the most challenging circumstances and the most difficult client requirements'.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Shall serve as Pilot in Command (PIC) on Berry Aviation flights requiring two pilot crewmembers. Captains are directly responsible for the Second in Command assigned to the flight on which they serve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Operate the aircraft in accordance with company procedures
* Monitor and assist in loading of cargo to ensure cargo and support equipment is airworthy and secured in accordance with company policies and procedures
* Prepare Weight and Balance paperwork in accordance with company procedures
* Receive local weather and ATC clearance to prepare the cockpit in accordance with standard operating procedures
* Remain on call during assigned period and must have the ability to arrive at the assigned aircraft within 30 minutes
* Must successfully complete all company initial and recurrent training and testing as directed by the training department
* Other duties as assigned
* FAA Commercial Pilot with Multi Engine Instrument privileges
* 1800 Hours Total Flight Time (may be waived by the Director of Operations or Chief Pilot)
* 400 Hours Total Multi Engine Flight Time
* Current US Passport with at least 6 months remaining at all times during employment period
* Current FAA First Class or Second Class Medical
* Must hold or be able to obtain a current and valid FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit (RR)
* Must be authorized to work in the United States
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel away from domicile for long periods of time
* FAA Multi Engine Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
* 1800 Hours Total Flight Time
* 400 Hours Multi Engine
* Ability to successfully pass a DoD Secret Security Clearance
PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to work in confined spaces
* Ability to manipulate, push, pull, and lift heavy objects in excess of 150 lbs.
* Must be able to reach and stretch across objects and twist within confined spaces
* Ability to work in extreme temperatures, including cold and heat
* Ability to work in altitudes higher than sea level
Berry Aviation, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics.
All new employees will be required to verify employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Berry Aviation participates in E-Verify.