Pilot - First Officer 121
USA Jet Airlines
Please select this to officially for this position. Please do not select the blue "Apply" button above.
Logistics Solutions at Jet Speed
Since 1994, USA Jet Airlines has provided premium, on-demand air cargo transportation services to the North American manufacturing industry. Servicing as an integral part of the Ascent Global Logistics Network, USA Jet routinely provides the time-critical airlift necessary to reinforce the supply chains of customers such as Ford, General Motors and Tesla. With decades of diverse experience in domestic and international cargo transportation, USA Jet is a proven leader in the air cargo industry.
We elevate the world of logistics through passion and innovation.
We want to do more things and provide more solutions for more customers in more places around the globe with lower operating risk and flawless execution.
What You’ll Do
First Officers report to the Chief Pilot administratively and to his or her assigned Captain functionally during FAR 121 duty periods.
- Be knowledgeable of the USA Jet General Operations Manual, FARs, OpSpecs, Aircraft Flight Manual, and other instructions pertinent to your duties.
- Determine that you meet the flight and duty time limitation, are adequately rested, and in proper uniform.
- Keep the PIC appraised per the Company SOP in all phases of flight. At the discretion of the PIC, the Second-in-Command may be requested to perform additional duties as follows:
- File, open, or close flight plans - Conduct preflight and post-flight inspections
- Check to ensure required documents, navigational aids, manuals, and equipment are on board
- Participate or facilitate in the loading/offloading of cargo and/or passengers, as applicable
- Supervise or complete the securing of cargo, cargo nets, and flight crew barrier
- Determine that carry-on items are properly stowed
- Brief couriers or jump seaters
- Perform ATC Communications
- Train for upgrading to Captain and are expected to take advantage of all Captain instructions and information available.
- Assist other Crewmembers as necessary.
- Execute applicable ground security requirements as mandated by the TSA. Duties shall include but not be limited to:
- Ground Security Coordinator (GSC)
- Aircraft security requirements
- Cargo security requirements
- Passenger security requirements
- Ensure that all air cargo is accepted, inspected, loaded, and secured aboard the aircraft in accordance with all applicable domestic/ international regulatory and Company requirements
What You’ll Bring
- Possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) (post-secondary education preferred)
- FAA Multi-Engine Airline Transport Certificate (ATP) or Restricted Multi-Engine Airline Pilot Certificate (ATP-R) or Commercial Certificate with multi-engine and instrument ratings (CMEL-I)
- 750 hours of flight time if a graduate of a US military flight training program or 1000 hours of flight time with a certificate from a qualifying four-year aviation institution or 1250 hours of flight time with a certificate from a qualifying 2-year aviation institution or 1500 hours of flight time if no other requirement is met
- Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
- FCC Radiotelephone Operator Permit
- Valid and Current Passport
- Must be fluent in the English Language
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
- Travel without restriction in and out of the U.S.
- Must complete the training, checking, and qualification requirements as defined in USA Jet approved/accepted manuals
- Successfully candidates must pass an initial, and random, Drug and Alcohol screening process as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and a fingerprint based Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and/or Security Threat Assessment (STA) as required by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Ascent’s Competitive Benefits
- 401(k) and employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Overtime, Differential, Trip & Bonus Pay
- Aircraft assigned upon hire
- Employment is not contingent upon COVID-19 vaccination status
- May be required to work near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions
- Noise level may be moderate to loud when aircraft is taxiing in the area