MPI have a requirement for a Project Manager for a Permanent role.
We are assisting our client with their current requirements for 4 x Project Mangers to be based at:
Lee on Solent or Southampton depending on your skills (Production or MRO focussed)
Ideally looking for Permanent candidates, however applicants are welcome from contractors too.
Approx. 40 hrs per week.
Rates to be discussed upon application.Job Description
To proactively manage projects from quotation to contract to delivery. This will include but is not limited to:
Pricing, the creation and updating of project plans, loading/processing orders on to the database system.
The Project Manager will be responsible for driving through change (including post contract analysis) and improving the level of service offered to customersMain Tasks/Accountabilities
Measure timely delivery of projects to budget and specification.
Create detailed project plans which include but are not limited to assumptions, dependencies,
exclusions, project schedules, risk registers, communication plans, change management and reporting & monitoring.
Meet or report to customers on a fortnightly basis (or as required). Project reports should include as a minimum the current project status against the plan and risk register updates.
Responsible for assisting in the preparation of tenders, ensuring commercial integrity and compliance to all applicable policies, processes and legislation with specific responsibility for ensuring flow down of customer terms and conditions.Education/Qualifications
- Project Management qualification. ESSENTIAL
- 5 GCSES at grade A*-C. ESSENTIAL
- Further education. ESSENTIAL
- Further education in Project Management or Business. DESIRABLE
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressures, priorities and deadlines.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and deliver on tight
- Strategic thinking and leadership expertise with the foresight and vision to deliver
- Understanding cost and pricing principles and demonstrating financial awareness.
- Ability to remain flexible to meet the wider demands.
- Technical/engineering background.
- Good command of English spelling and grammar in all written correspondence.
contracts in a manufacturing/aerospace or engineering environment.Special FactorsHuman Factors Certificate DESIRABLEFull UK Drivers LicenseWilling to travelLanguage (French, Spanish or Mandarin) DESIRABLEAble to hold a Security Clearance
- Experience in project management/delivery.
- Demonstrable Supervisory/Management experience (project or team).
- Proven experience within an industry similar position with emphasis on high value international